X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    There's nothing particularly likeable about the actor, but his character was awesome.
    The funny thing, as I mentioned, is that he never watched the show. I have no idea where it came from.

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Probably trying to avoid Klingons . . .

Oh hush up you Romulan!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Apropos to nothing....my dad really disliked William Shatner for some odd reason.
    There's nothing particularly likeable about the actor, but his character was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Apropos to nothing....my dad really disliked William Shatner for some odd reason. He(We) never watched Star Trek and no one in the family was interested in Star Trek. However my father always had a negative reaction to Shatner's name, picture, etc. He probably would have rooted for a small failure.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    I watched it live from 3:00am here in kiwi land. The best (most impressive) part for me was the booster rocket returning to the landing pad.

Also Bezos should have sent Nichelle Nichols up with Shatner. Capt Kirk and Lt Uhura would have been way cool.
    Ah, my retro dream-girl. I wonder if she'd be interested in a space trip?

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    I watched it live from 3:00am here in kiwi land. The best (most impressive) part for me was the booster rocket returning to the landing pad.

Also Bezos should have sent Nichelle Nichols up with Shatner. Capt Kirk and Lt Uhura would have been way cool.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Maybe jc203 thinks it would have been more than "useless" if that ship orbited the Earth at least once. A quick up-and-down trip don't cut it for some of us who watched the shuttles go up in the early-1980s, and for those who watched the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions on television.
    A quick up-and-down doesn't cut it for spectators on the ground, but it's great for those who go up there and actually experience it. Looking outside and seeing the earth from that perspective is a mind-blowing experience like no other. There is even a name for it: the Overview effect.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Klingon View Post

Why didn't Captain Kirk have Scotty beam him up?
    Probably trying to avoid Klingons . . .

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Dude, like Shatner you're older than dirt and besides, what else are you doing today?

Gotta say that while Musk's ships are way cooler, Bezos gets major props for sending Captain Kirk into space . . .
    Why didn't Captain Kirk have Scotty beam him up?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    No matter how old you are...getting blown up in space doesn't sound like fun.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    There has to be quite a bit of risk...I wouldn't go..
    Dude, like Shatner you're older than dirt and besides, what else are you doing today?

Gotta say that while Musk's ships are way cooler, Bezos gets major props for sending Captain Kirk into space . . .

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

There were a total of 135 Shuttle missions and 2 ended in catastrophic failures. Those are pretty bad odds.
    That's about the same as the risk of death if you get Covid.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

There were a total of 135 Shuttle missions and 2 ended in catastrophic failures. Those are pretty bad odds.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    IMG_3849.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I realize there have been useful inventions/discoveries in space exploration but I think the real value has been in providing goods and jobs. I can't get enthused about spending umpteen miserable years to reach some uninhabitable/unsustainable planet. Earth ain't that bad a place to live.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X