Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jc203
    replied
    Yeah, guess I'm with Cooky and lonewolf... the NASA missions that actually expanded mankind's reach and knowledge were gripping adventures for nearly everyone on earth. But I'm not excited about millionaires blasting up 66-miles, for11-minutes of ooh-ing and ahh-ing about the view and floating around trying not to barf in a zero-grab environment for no particular purpose. Personally, it was a publicity stunt, not an experience.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I don't get the fascination with Shatner being 90 years old. Just makes it easier to strap him in.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Am I in the minority that the 'experience' was far from 'useless'?
    My most valuable possessions are memories of experiences.
    Maybe jc203 thinks it would have been more than "useless" if that ship orbited the Earth at least once. A quick up-and-down trip don't cut it for some of us who watched the shuttles go up in the early-1980s, and for those who watched the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions on television.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by jc203 View Post
    for no useful purpose.
    Am I in the minority that the 'experience' was far from 'useless'?
    My most valuable possessions are memories of experiences.

Leave a comment:

• jc203
    replied
    I'd rather watch Star Trek re-runs than an old codger take an 11-minute, multi-million dollar joy ride sponsored by the richest guy on earth for no useful purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Amazing to think that over half a century since he famously acted being in space he's done it for real.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    started a topic Capt Kirk in Space

Capt Kirk in Space

I can't get over this. William Shatner, 90 years young/old, flew in space today. Yeah, it was only a 10-minute ride, but what a great story, and chutzpah from the nonagenarian!
    66 miles is UP there!
Working...
X