Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographics of This Message Board

I've been an active member of the T&FN Message Board for over 9 years!
    I've read (& enjoyed and/or argued with) probably 1000's of posts!
    I've come to recognize most of the "user names" of the other active members--even ones who have had multiple user names!

But who are we, really?
    Mostly male?
    Mostly age 50 or older?
    Mostly from the United States?
    Mostly caucasian?
    Mostly former or current athletes (even if just a jogger)?
    Mostly from one state or another?

I don't know if there's been a thread on this before, or if there's a "master list" somewhere.
    And if there were, what would it show?

I'd say most of us are fairly easy to identify.
    For example, PoleVaultPower is Becca Peter.
    Conor Dary lives in Eugene.
    I live in Bellingham WA, and am a 77 year old white male with a 2:56:02 marathon PR from 1978!

Anyone willing to "out" themselves for the sake of knowing who "we" are??
    It would help inform the various comments made here.

We did this a while back, maybe somebody can find it and resurrect it.

Comment

There was indeed a thread, maybe a few years after the 2003 beginning (I started a thread on Day 1, April 16, 2003, yes, as someone else), when many 'regulars' outed themselves. Many of them are gone now, and the wisdom of doxxing oneself is less compelling.

Comment

What the heck,,,

1. Male. 2. 80. 3. Grew up outside U.S.A. ( India, Egypt, Switzerland, England) until 18. 4. Caucasian. 5. Lived in N.Y. Kansas, Utah, Arizona, Florida. Whenever I meet someone new I dread the question: "Where are you from?" 6. Track and Swimming in High School and College. 7. Always voted Democrat, sometimes with bated breath. 8. Married a Brit who I met in H.S. and married 55 years. 8. One daughter, a Nurse Practitioner. 8. Career in Community Mental Health....yes I have a diagnosis for everyone. . Grandson just graduated from College in Bellingham.

Comment

The aforementioned previous attempt:

Last edited by Davidokun; 10-21-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I found the old topic, and posted a link, but there was a typo. Fixed it, but the correction was flagged as spam. Need help from an administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
              I found the old topic, and posted a link, but there was a typo. Fixed it, but the correction was flagged as spam. Need help from an administrator.
              Thanks.

Comment

Oh, the humanity! On that thread in my initial 'name', I posted:

Originally posted by tafnut View Post
                it is indeed very sad that some 'regulars' on here have decided to take the low road and post with multiple sign-ons, making things so unpleasant.
                Only to later move to another name and then, later, another.
                tafnut = Atticus, with a Marlow in between, as I'm sure almost everyone who has been here since those days already knew.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                  What the heck,,,

1. Male. 2. 80. 3. Grew up outside U.S.A. ( India, Egypt, Switzerland, England) until 18. 4. Caucasian. 5. Lived in N.Y. Kansas, Utah, Arizona, Florida. Whenever I meet someone new I dread the question: "Where are you from?" 6. Track and Swimming in High School and College. 7. Always voted Democrat, sometimes with bated breath. 8. Married a Brit who I met in H.S. and married 55 years. 8. One daughter, a Nurse Practitioner. 8. Career in Community Mental Health....yes I have a diagnosis for everyone. . Grandson just graduated from College in Bellingham.
                  Thanks for your VERY detailed reply!!
                  But I'd like to see some guesses as to how many of us --percentage-wise--are white, US citizens, athletes or coaches, male or female, etc etc, as I asked in my initial post?
                  I'd guess we are mostly white US males with SOME T&F background (athlete or coach), elderly, etc.

For example, Tuariki is a former or current government person from New Zealand.
                  We have folks from various countries--thus the single nation threads (Australia, Poland, etc).
                  We have at least one USATF official--lonewolf!

Oh yes, we also have a certain editor etc etc of a certain Track and Field magazine amongst us---goes by the user name of "gh"!
                  LOL
                  Last edited by aaronk; 10-22-2021, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I am guessing that I am the only Klingon on this board. I would tell yall my real name but you Earthlings would not be able to pronounce it.

Comment

I look at this thread and I only have one ? - rainbowgirl28 ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Oh, the humanity! On that thread in my initial 'name', I posted:

Only to later move to another name and then, later, another.
                        tafnut = Atticus, with a Marlow in between, as I'm sure almost everyone who has been here since those days already knew.
                        Didn't some, including yourself, change names during a board migration which locked our accounts? That happened to me at least once.

Comment

name says it all:

HJ at Duke pr 6' 5 1/2 " 1965
                          the rest,,, who cares but here goes;

home town Huntington NY
                          NY, NJ, PA, MI, then suburban Indianapolis last 50 years
                          Employee Benefits Ins. consultant/VP Marsh & McLennan for too many years
                          retired 2004
                          running/biking/travelling/tromboning
                          T&FNut
                          wife, 2 kids, 3 grandkids

Comment

Self registration
                            https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...f-registration
                            Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                            Re: Self registration

I reserve the right to switch IDs to good hammy in the future. Until then, bad hammy is all you will see from me.
                            The ortho issues these days include feet, knees & hands - the hammys have been quiet but mostly unchallenged thanks to the other issues - but in compensation I'm now smarter, nicer & better looking! Was a 4:24 HS miler, PRing in my last race, which got me kicked to the curb two meets before the CA state meet.
                            Last edited by bad hammy; 10-22-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I look at this thread and I only have one ? - rainbowgirl28 ?????
                              I looked at that as well, thinking that 16 years later that could be interpreted in a myriad of ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X