X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post

I don't think you "got" my joke ?!
    I did, but you know how us hillbillies are........lol

That 92 game still ranks up there as legendary in college hoops.

Comment

All's right with the world.

Duke 84
      Gonzaga 81

Comment

Hechuva game, bambam. Looks like Coach Ke08hvgpnr is going to leave on a high note.

Comment

Just watched Carolina dismantle Michigan in the second half. Will someone tell Dick Vitale to shut the hell up? He babbles on incessantly about nothing to do with the game at hand. Insufferable.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
            .. Will someone tell Dick Vitale to shut the hell up? He babbles on incessantly about nothing to do with the game at hand. Insufferable.
            unfortunately, that ship sailed decades ago..... I watch very little college hoops, and completetely refuse to do so if he's part of the product

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
              Just watched Carolina dismantle Michigan in the second half. Will someone tell Dick Vitale to shut the hell up? He babbles on incessantly about nothing to do with the game at hand. Insufferable.
              I've been a Vitale boycotter for some time but I gave him one game in his return (from cancer) last week in the Gonzaga/UCLA game. Tonight I just didn't bother with the UNC/Michigan contest because he was the analyst.

Comment

The Big Ten/ACC Challenge is a fun set-up. Some good games. NC St and Nebraska went to 4 OT. College football could try this on a weekend in early to md-September, but maybe the Big Ten/SEC Challenge, or Big Ten/Big 12 Challenge.

Comment

I agree, but doubt it will ever happen. Basketball has so many more games, and a loss has less of an impact on their rankings. A single loss in football can remove you from a chance to compete for a national title. And my personal feeling is that the losing team in a close basketball is penalized far less than in a football game.

Comment

You’re spot on about that.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                      I agree, but doubt it will ever happen. Basketball has so many more games, and a loss has less of an impact on their rankings. A single loss in football can remove you from a chance to compete for a national title. And my personal feeling is that the losing team in a close basketball is penalized far less than in a football game.
                      It seems that most Pre New Years contests are largely forgotten about in basketball. Does the Duke/Gonzaga game amount to anything other than being a really enjoyable game to watch 3-4 months from now? Not really. Doubtful that either of those teams needs that game to get into the tournament. Dayton over Kansas? May mean more.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                        Penalized little at all. And nothing like football....which is a good thing. Also win your conference tournament and you're in.

Comment

Suddenly lots of games canceled due to COVID issues. CBS Classic in Las Vegas tomorrow was to feature UNC-UCLA and UK-Ohio St. Now UCLA and Ohio St out due to COVID so my Heels will face my Mom's Wildcats.

Comment

Yeah, NCAA has UConn bias. It's headquartered in Bristol, CT.

NCAA: Geno Auriemma responds to Muffet McGraw's bias claims (yahoo.com)

It appears Muffet McGraw touched a nerve.

Less than two weeks after the retired Notre Dame head coach complained of ESPN being supposedly biased toward Connecticut, Huskies head coach Geno Auriemma responded with a series of comments defending his program and lashing out at his former colleague.

Comment

Not a good look for Coach Howard. Can't have the coach start the fights. Particularly based on the bs reason for it. No hint at remorse for such action after the game. Not the first time he's done this. Probably should say goodbye.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...assistant-loss
                              Last edited by NotDutra5; 02-20-2022, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                                Not a good look for Coach Howard. Can't have the coach start the fights. Particularly based on the bs reason for it. No hint at remorse for such action after the game. Not the first time he's done this. Probably should say goodbye.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...assistant-loss
                                Let's hope so! He is clearly in over his head!

Comment

Working...
                                X