Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Woody Hayes punched a Clemson player, he was fired on the spot and he was a small god at Ohio State.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
      When Woody Hayes punched a Clemson player, he was fired on the spot and he was a small god at Ohio State.
      As Michigan should do to Howard.

Comment

Changing gears, my father told me yesterday that he heard of an ask or offer or sale of a ticket to Coach K's last home game, vs. North Carolina Saturday March 5, of $70,000.

Comment

Howard out through the remainder of the season. I didn't see anything regarding the players who threw punches.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
            Howard out through the remainder of the season. I didn't see anything regarding the players who threw punches.
            https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...in-sources-say

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
              Changing gears, my father told me yesterday that he heard of an ask or offer or sale of a ticket to Coach K's last home game, vs. North Carolina Saturday March 5, of $70,000.
              Most I have heard is $25,000

Comment

Paper this morning noted that last Saturday was the first time in the history of the AP Poll that the top 6 teams all lost on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  Paper this morning noted that last Saturday was the first time in the history of the AP Poll that the top 6 teams all lost on the same day.
                  And 7 of the top 10

Comment

The transfer portal has made things a lot more level at the top.

Comment

ESPN pulling a bit of a "Heidi game" on the Coach K festivities.

Comment

...the Coach K festivities.

Think North Carolina didnt want this game bad? They didnt sub in the 2nd half. At all.

There are no strings on me

Comment

Sucks to lose like that but have some class:

https://amp.newsobserver.com/sports/...259110913.html

Comment

ESPN pulling a bit of a "Heidi game" on the Coach K festivities.
                            What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

What happened?
                              ESPN spent a good part of the last month promoting Coach K's last game including Gameday from Cameron and numerous references to various forms of "what's it going to be like when he walks out on the court for the last time and we'll be there to cover it". Much was made of the returning former players showing up to greet him prior to the game.

So what happens?

The Kansas/Texas game is right before it and I thought to myself that they are cutting it close with that game leading right into the Duke/NC game. Sure enough, as college basketball games can sometimes devolve into...we had officials reviews of too many plays and then...overtime! This pushed ESPN to show the ceremony at Duke in a little box with no sound while the Kansas game was occurring. The odd thing is they never switched the Duke game to one of the other ESPN platforms until after the tipoff although it was available on either the app or ESPN+. Anyone without those didn't get to see it.

It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if ESPN didn't spend all the time they did promoting it and then not showing it. It was a fairly predictable situation that could have been avoided.

That said....the Kansas/Texas game was a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                What happened?
                                The Kansas-Texas game ran long and then went into overtime. Typical college basketball game - 2 minutes left, so you know it will take another 30 minutes to finish the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X