• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Duke's a 4 point favorite.
    I think that's just because Vegas expects more bets on Duke with Coach K's last dance, etc. Proper spread is probably a Duke favorite at about +1 or +2 points - so for betting then, the proper bet would be UNC. A curse on all who do that!

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Duke's a 4 point favorite.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

UNC will defeat Duke! If they don't, nevermind!
    I think you have a typpo above - it should be - UNC will defeat Duke - nevermore

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I give you all that advice over the last few weeks and you give me that crap?!?!?! Of course, we're gonna be there 5 days. I have no doubt. As I said, I will be obnoxious with my GoDuke-ism!

My first Final Four since 1994 (can't believe its been 28 years) - after I went to 5 out of 6 from 1989-1994 - we didn't go in 1993, but Duke did every other year in that stretch. Great time to be a team doctor.
    Hope you have a great time, Bam, regardless of the outcomes. Bourbon Street is a great place to lick wounds, if that is necessary.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
    Coach Holloway takes St. Peter's to where they had never been and says thanks I'm outa' here and takes job at Seton Hall (a school that at one time had a good program but I think they have not done much since maybe last century some time. Money talk$!!
    It's a move which makes perfect sense and predicted since Saint Peter's beat Kentucky. Holloway is an alumnus and Seton Hall is simply a better job in a better conference.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Coach Holloway takes St. Peter's to where they had never been and says thanks I'm outa' here and takes job at Seton Hall (a school that at one time had a good program but I think they have not done much since maybe last century some time. Money talk$!!

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Sorry to have to tell you guys this - but my wife and I just got our tickets for the Final Four in Nawlins, so I'll be obnoxious for the next 5-6 days with my GoDuke-ism.
    UNC will defeat Duke! If they don't, nevermind!

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied

I give you all that advice over the last few weeks and you give me that crap?!?!?! Of course, we're gonna be there 5 days. I have no doubt. As I said, I will be obnoxious with my GoDuke-ism!
    See guys? The shit's getting deep and it's only Wednesday. Coach K was right: "But what would happen in this area peoplewise if one of us beat the other in the championship game I would not wish on anybody, it would be so horrible." (post 74 above)

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Careful with that or it might just be about 3 days.

My first Final Four since 1994 (can't believe its been 28 years) - after I went to 5 out of 6 from 1989-1994 - we didn't go in 1993, but Duke did every other year in that stretch. Great time to be a team doctor.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Sorry to have to tell you guys this - but my wife and I just got our tickets for the Final Four in Nawlins, so I'll be obnoxious for the next 5-6 days with my GoDuke-ism.
    Careful with that or it might just be about 3 days.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

If I'm reading this correctly it is once...in 2004. Good article as to why:

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-duke-no...200846780.html
    Great article!

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    When I was growing up in the 1970s, Kentucky-Indiana, Kentucky-Notre Dame, and UCLA-Notre Dame were all pretty brutal. UK and Notre Dame played every year at a "neutral" site, Freedom Hall in Louisville.

College basketball rivalries come and go more often than college football rivalries. Probably has something to do with all that pageantry surrounding college football, right jazz? :-) Plus 50,000 to 100,000 fans in the stands vs. 10,000 to 20,000?

Have a great time, bambam! Go Heels!
    Last edited by DrJay; 03-30-2022, 05:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Lucky you. I have to go down there this weekend. You have my number.
    I just emailed you

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Lucky you. I have to go down there this weekend. You have my number.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X