X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    We're down to the Final Four and the college basketball post-season looks a lot like the college football post-season - same old, same old. Whether it's 2 teams, 4, teams, 16 teams or 68 teams, the cream will always rise to the top.
    I don't know, Jazzy, this Final Four is about as Blue Blood a Final Four as I can ever remember. I guess only if Kentucky was in there instead of Villanova could it be better (or maybe UCLA), but Villanova has been the premier program over the last 7-8 years really.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    After Saturday, will bambam and Dr. Jay ever speak to each other again ?
    Absolutely, we will - one way or the other. But of course, Duke is gonna win 😁

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    I’m a bit pessimistic about our chances against Duke. Maybe Hubert and Coach K could just settle it like men, mano a mano.
    Then I'll quote you something I once heard K say to the team on the bus coming back from the Elite Eight in 1989 - he was telling them to get some rest in the next 2 days - he was giving them 2 days off before resuming practice and leaving for Seattle for the Final 4. He told not to fool around and party - if they did he would hear about, he said, and then "If you don't think they taught me to kill up at West Point, just try me!"

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    It is comforting that in this chaotic world basketball has preserved one small chink in the natural order of the universe.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    After Saturday, will bambam and Dr. Jay ever speak to each other again ?

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    I’m a bit pessimistic about our chances against Duke. Maybe Hubert and Coach K could just settle it like men, mano a mano.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    We're down to the Final Four and the college basketball post-season looks a lot like the college football post-season - same old, same old. Whether it's 2 teams, 4, teams, 16 teams or 68 teams, the cream will always rise to the top.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinR View Post
    This tournament has been insane! My bracket is barely on life support, at this point. The fact that St. Peters, a school with a smaller student population than my kids' high school, is rolling (over the entire state of Kentucky......) is amazing. This parity is definitely showing itself, this month.
    So much fun! Yeah, my bracket is mostly inanimate meat. But it's fun!

Feel weird rooting for Coach K.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    This tournament has been insane! My bracket is barely on life support, at this point. The fact that St. Peters, a school with a smaller student population than my kids' high school, is rolling (over the entire state of Kentucky......) is amazing. This parity is definitely showing itself, this month.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Here, I'll get this on the proper thread...."Holy moly! That was one of the most exhausting Carolina games I’ve ever watched."

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Not a good look for Coach Howard. Can't have the coach start the fights. Particularly based on the bs reason for it. No hint at remorse for such action after the game. Not the first time he's done this. Probably should say goodbye.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...assistant-loss
    I will give Coach Howard his coaching card back after yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Juwan Howard should not receive any further suspension for his punching a player. He should be fired because he sucks as a coach!

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    I have 2 questions about the Duke/NC game:

Was there an intro of all the former Duke players, out on the court, before the game ? The post-game ceremonies were fully covered on ESPN but as we all saw ( or did not see! )anything pregame and the initial minutes of the game were preempted by the prior game's OT.

Just as the post-game stuff was going to start, K grabbed the mike and talked briefly of something being "unacceptable." Was he criticizing the fans for some poor behavior, or was he criticizing his team's performance ? The sound was not good at first and I missed the very start of his remarks.
    He said the team's performance was unacceptable. Carolina scored 55 points in the second half. One of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen from a Duke team - or just an incredible Carolina offensive performance. We just couldn't stop them. We didn't play that poorly offensively but when the other team scores on every possession its hard to win.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied

Was there an intro of all the former Duke players, out on the court, before the game ? The post-game ceremonies were fully covered on ESPN but as we all saw ( or did not see! )anything pregame and the initial minutes of the game were preempted by the prior game's OT.

Just as the post-game stuff was going to start, K grabbed the mike and talked briefly of something being "unacceptable." Was he criticizing the fans for some poor behavior, or was he criticizing his team's performance ? The sound was not good at first and I missed the very start of his remarks.
    I don't think they introduced each player (there was something like 96 of them) but we'll never know since ESPN didn't show it after promoting it for a month.

The post game began with Coach K grabbing the Mike and improvising. He even said "this isn't supposed to be part of the program" as the video they were going to show actually started and then was very quickly stopped to let him speak. He was clearly, to me, referring to his team's performance in the game.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X