Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Regardless of the outcome, an excellent first season for Hubert Davis! Really wish we had Brady Manek for another year.
    You can't say that Coach Davis landed as a new coach for one year. He played or was an assistant under Roy Williams for 323 games over13 yers and was in 2 Final Four situations and 1 NCAA Championship with Roy Williams. Don't think he is getting some off camera help and assistance from Coach Williams somehow/somewhere. UNC has 18 players on roster and only 3 are Freshman, the rest have played under Roy Williams with Coach Davis in the huddle.

Coach K has only 15 men on roster with 5 Freshman never being with Coach K until this year.

Nova has 14 on their roster with 4 Freshman and 4 graduated seniors and 2/14 out of the line up with injuries.

Kansas has 23 on roster with 5 "Super Seniors", 3 juniors and 2 seniors all very experienced under Coach Self (only 4 Freshman)

LET the Better Coach's experience and style win.

Comment

bambam or Steve, any idea if the two have ever been seeded in the same region in the last 40 years?
      If I'm reading this correctly it is once...in 2004. Good article as to why:

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-duke-no...200846780.html

Comment

It's occurred to me that college basketball doesn't have as many iconic rivalries as college football, at least not that I can think of. Besides Duke-North Carolina and Kentucky-Louisville, what other rivalries are there?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          It's occurred to me that college basketball doesn't have as many iconic rivalries as college football, at least not that I can think of. Besides Duke-North Carolina and Kentucky-Louisville, what other rivalries are there?

Indiana - Purdue .

Comment

I would possibly offer up Kansas vs Kansas State, but it has been so lopsided over the last 30 years or more it is hard to really say it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

I would possibly offer up Kansas vs Kansas State, but it has been so lopsided over the last 30 years or more it is hard to really say it belongs.
              Yeah, that's not a rivalry that's most folks are aware of outside the state of Kansas. Even Indiana-Purdue is a reach since Purdue has never won a national title and has only been to 2 Final Fours on its history, though I'm sure they've had many epic battles for the conference championship.

Comment

Wisconsin-Marquette is not too bad.
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Sorry to have to tell you guys this - but my wife and I just got our tickets for the Final Four in Nawlins, so I'll be obnoxious for the next 5-6 days with my GoDuke-ism.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                    Sorry to have to tell you guys this - but my wife and I just got our tickets for the Final Four in Nawlins, so I'll be obnoxious for the next 5-6 days with my GoDuke-ism.
                    Lucky you. I have to go down there this weekend. You have my number.

Comment

Lucky you. I have to go down there this weekend. You have my number.
                      I just emailed you

Comment

When I was growing up in the 1970s, Kentucky-Indiana, Kentucky-Notre Dame, and UCLA-Notre Dame were all pretty brutal. UK and Notre Dame played every year at a "neutral" site, Freedom Hall in Louisville.

College basketball rivalries come and go more often than college football rivalries. Probably has something to do with all that pageantry surrounding college football, right jazz? :-) Plus 50,000 to 100,000 fans in the stands vs. 10,000 to 20,000?

Have a great time, bambam! Go Heels!
                        Last edited by DrJay; 03-30-2022, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

If I'm reading this correctly it is once...in 2004. Good article as to why:

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-duke-no...200846780.html
                          Great article!

Comment

Careful with that or it might just be about 3 days.

Comment

Careful with that or it might just be about 3 days.
                              I give you all that advice over the last few weeks and you give me that crap?!?!?! Of course, we're gonna be there 5 days. I have no doubt. As I said, I will be obnoxious with my GoDuke-ism!

My first Final Four since 1994 (can't believe its been 28 years) - after I went to 5 out of 6 from 1989-1994 - we didn't go in 1993, but Duke did every other year in that stretch. Great time to be a team doctor.

Comment

I give you all that advice over the last few weeks and you give me that crap?!?!?! Of course, we're gonna be there 5 days. I have no doubt. As I said, I will be obnoxious with my GoDuke-ism!
                                See guys? The shit's getting deep and it's only Wednesday. Coach K was right: "But what would happen in this area peoplewise if one of us beat the other in the championship game I would not wish on anybody, it would be so horrible." (post 74 above)

Comment

Working...
                                X