Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Sorry to have to tell you guys this - but my wife and I just got our tickets for the Final Four in Nawlins, so I'll be obnoxious for the next 5-6 days with my GoDuke-ism.
    UNC will defeat Duke! If they don't, nevermind!

Comment

Coach Holloway takes St. Peter's to where they had never been and says thanks I'm outa' here and takes job at Seton Hall (a school that at one time had a good program but I think they have not done much since maybe last century some time. Money talk$!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
        Coach Holloway takes St. Peter's to where they had never been and says thanks I'm outa' here and takes job at Seton Hall (a school that at one time had a good program but I think they have not done much since maybe last century some time. Money talk$!!
        It's a move which makes perfect sense and predicted since Saint Peter's beat Kentucky. Holloway is an alumnus and Seton Hall is simply a better job in a better conference.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I give you all that advice over the last few weeks and you give me that crap?!?!?! Of course, we're gonna be there 5 days. I have no doubt. As I said, I will be obnoxious with my GoDuke-ism!

My first Final Four since 1994 (can't believe its been 28 years) - after I went to 5 out of 6 from 1989-1994 - we didn't go in 1993, but Duke did every other year in that stretch. Great time to be a team doctor.
          Hope you have a great time, Bam, regardless of the outcomes. Bourbon Street is a great place to lick wounds, if that is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

UNC will defeat Duke! If they don't, nevermind!
            I think you have a typpo above - it should be - UNC will defeat Duke - nevermore

Comment

Duke's a 4 point favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                Duke's a 4 point favorite.
                I think that's just because Vegas expects more bets on Duke with Coach K's last dance, etc. Proper spread is probably a Duke favorite at about +1 or +2 points - so for betting then, the proper bet would be UNC. A curse on all who do that!

Comment

This will be the 6th time New Orleans has hosted the Final Four. Duke was absent for the previous 5, but North Carolina is 4-0 in its previous 2 appearances.

Comment

Superdome, 1982. One of my dorm suitemates, Al Steele, was a photographer for the Daily Tar Heel and took the best photo of Jordan's game-winner.
                    https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-moments-north

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      This will be the 6th time New Orleans has hosted the Final Four. Duke was absent for the previous 5, but North Carolina is 4-0 in its previous 2 appearances.
                      Good. They're due for a loss in Nawlins. Regression to the mean.

Comment

• bam, I am holding you personally responsible for a Duke double victory. Do not let me down...

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                          bam, I am holding you personally responsible for a Duke double victory. Do not let me down...
                          I'm on it

Comment

• Hubert Davis.
                            https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...vis-unc-coach/

Comment

• Breaking news here in Nawlins. There are rumors going around that they are cancelling the Final Four because they realize Duke will win it so easily. I'll keep you informed as I hear more.

Comment

• And then there were three. Nice crowd but I would rather watch basketball from 6 feet away than 100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X