Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrJay
    replied
    Armando Bacot returning for another season with Carolina.
    https://247sports.com/college/north-...185995804/Amp/

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    The Tarheels are now 5-1 in New Orleans which is pretty good. By the way, can a blue blood ever be legitimately called a Cinderella?

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Hopefully Jon Scheyer will keep Duke’s program going so we will have a healthy rivalry for years to come!

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    As I said on twitter, Hubert Davis's interview after the game with Tracy Wolfson was absolute pure class. Seems like a very good man and you're lucky to have him as the UNC coach.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    This Memory popped up today on my Facebook page, a post I made six years ago today after Villanova beat UNC on that last-second three pointer.

"As we lick our wounds and think about how close the Heels were, and how hard-fought the game was on both sides, one has to wonder....will Roy Williams retire this year? And if not for another couple of years, still, might this be the last great UNC team of a long era, stretching back 55 years to 1961 when Dean Smith took over as head coach? First there was Dean, then for a short time, Bill Guthridge keeping it about the same as if Dean was still on the bench. Then followed three forgettable years with Matt Doherty, but at least he was part of the tradition. Then Roy was recalled (we all knew he was only on loan to KU) and it's been like Old Home Day for the last 13 years. But when Roy hangs it up, who from within the Carolina Family will step in? I'm not sure there's anyone in line. Remember this team, and this season. I think it will be bit of a melancholy moment, a watershed in the history of Carolina basketball.“

I think, I hope, it's safe to say we have our answer, and that was not a watershed moment at all.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I know you're a Carolina alum but, as a neutral fan, it is really difficult to consider the Tar Heels in any sense of the word as the little engine that could. I thought before the tournament that they were under seeded although I didn't think they'd get as far as they did.
    It was a bit hard to believe in them mid-season after they were routed by Kentucky, Miami, Wake, and Duke and struggled with Louisville and Clemson. We thought they had potential and they lived up to it in the tourney.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Isn't Michigan's primary color yellow?
    Really?

See: https://record.umich.edu/articles/origins-go-blue/

as well as the athletic department's website, mgoblue.com

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Carolina was ranked 19th in the preseason poll, 18th in the first regular season poll on November 15th, then not ranked again until March 7th when they were 25th. And they almost won the national championship.
    I know you're a Carolina alum but, as a neutral fan, it is really difficult to consider the Tar Heels in any sense of the word as the little engine that could. I thought before the tournament that they were under seeded although I didn't think they'd get as far as they did.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

I can think of two, both involving KU & UNC

2008 - Kansas, Memphis, UCLA, UNC
    1993 - UNC, Michigan (is blue their primary color?), Kansas, Kentucky
    Isn't Michigan's primary color yellow?

Leave a comment:

• Big Tusk
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Speaking of blue bloods, I wonder if this is the first time that the primary color of all 4 Final Four teams was blue.
    I can think of two, both involving KU & UNC

2008 - Kansas, Memphis, UCLA, UNC
    1993 - UNC, Michigan (is blue their primary color?), Kansas, Kentucky

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Carolina was ranked 19th in the preseason poll, 18th in the first regular season poll on November 15th, then not ranked again until March 7th when they were 25th. And they almost won the national championship.

Leave a comment:

• midwestfan
    replied
    Great Game and it probably could have gone back and forth for another 20 min. Great achievement for Coach Davis in his First year of head coaching and he will be reckoned with for years to come.
    This year was unique, no “one and done” teams but most were “five and done”

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Tough loss. Amazing second half of the season for Carolina. On the bubble early February, came within four points in winning the national title. Much to be proud of.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Speaking of blue bloods, I wonder if this is the first time that the primary color of all 4 Final Four teams was blue.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by Helen S View Post
    I am a little disappointed UConn lost, but South Carolina was just a better team.

It's been a while since UConn was the better team in the tournament(2016 to be exact). Coincidentally the last time the Huskies won the natty was the same year Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe said they were "killing the women's game", prompting Auriemma's famous "Then don't watch" rant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X