Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE DON'T HIT REFRESH BUTTON!!!!!

gh's non-technical explanation of why the server keeps going down: it slows (naturally) with heavy traffic.

But if you get tired of the hang and hit refresh, it simply adds another demand to the existing queue (not getting rid of your original one), so you only make the problem worse. Eventually. the system goes seppuku.

So, patience is the opoerative word!

I think you guys need a bigger server :?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
      "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. My name is 386 and I'll be your server tonight."

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
        "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. My name is 386 and I'll be your server tonight."
        Or 747.

Comment

Bring back 'things not-T&F' and we'll stop hitting refresh

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
            I never hit that button.

Comment

Originally posted by tlb747
              Originally posted by Jon
              I never hit that button.
              Me neither. But I may start doing it... :twisted: :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                Sorry, we loaned our Cray to NASA for the weekend.

Comment

The server crash was, of course, MY fault. I was overwhelmed with information. I had the WCSN webcast in the left-hand side of the screen, the WiC results page top-right, the NCAAs bottom right, and just for good measure, the NiN meet below the WCSN image. Then . . . I had THIS site minimized in the tray and every 1:30 had to bring it up and 'refresh' and VOILA crash!

Ah needs me some more computers on weekends like this!

Comment

I think gh turned off the wrong switch when he left this morning after telling eldrick at 02.11 what a swell guy elders is.

Comment

"Sorry, we loaned our Cray to NASA for the weekend."

And it's a good thing, too. I understand the Mars probe is successfully orbiting the Red Planet. [Oops. Is this track related or not??]

Comment

OJ

Originally posted by tafnut
                        The server crash was, of course, MY fault. I was overwhelmed with information.
                        What are the odds?

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                          The server crash was, of course, MY fault. I was overwhelmed with information. I had the WCSN webcast in the left-hand side of the screen, the WiC results page top-right, the NCAAs bottom right, and just for good measure, the NiN meet below the WCSN image. Then . . . I had THIS site minimized in the tray and every 1:30 had to bring it up and 'refresh' and VOILA crash!

Ah needs me some more computers on weekends like this!
                          And I thought you were going to mention the number of posts you have here. That could possibly do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by tlb747
                            And I thought you were going to mention the number of posts you have here. That could possibly do some damage.
                            I've actually been posting less the last few days - lots of other (real life!) stuff going on!

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                              "Sorry, we loaned our Cray to NASA for the weekend."

And it's a good thing, too. I understand the Mars probe is successfully orbiting the Red Planet. [Oops. Is this track related or not??]
                              Oops.

Comment

Working...
                              X