Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

What was the deal there, he was physically unable to play? He can't play now due to injury yet the Buc's didn't know that? I confess the guy is so full of it I pretty much ignore his BS.
    He quit on the team. That's why he wasn't there. Good riddance. From a Bucs fan

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

In his words:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/antonio...ry-buccaneers/
      "Because of my commitment to the game, I relented to pressure directly from my coach to play injured," Brown wrote in a lengthy statement obtained by CBS Sports. "Despite the pain, I suited up, the staff injected me with what I now know was a powerful and sometimes dangerous painkiller that the NFLPA has warned against using, and I gave it my all for the team."

Whether he's lying or telling the truth, it doesn't make a difference to yesterday's game. Either he missed the game (and the rest of the season) for lying, or would miss the game due to injury.
      Yeah. He looked really injured running off the field like an ass.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
        The most satisfying game for me was the Bengals-Titans game. Has there ever been any quarterback who is unfazed by abuse by the defense as Joe Burrow? His swagger is reminiscent of Joe Namath and he still wears his LSU wristband. Not surprisingly the feeling is mutual in Baton Rouge as evidenced by the front page of yesterday's sports section.
        ....and what were the Titans doing the last 2 mins of that game.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

He quit on the team. That's why he wasn't there. Good riddance. From a Bucs fan
          We all get the guy is a weirdo but the Buc's did roll the dice on him and he is a great player, I wouldn't have treated him like Arians did knowing he can help down the road.

Yes unless you planned on getting creative with this guy ya don't sign him.

Arians should have had Brady ask AB how things were going, see where his head was at. Keep in mind he was brought in for this playoff run.
          Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-25-2022, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Why didn't the Buffalo defensive coordinator instruct his defensive backs to play press coverage and grab/tackle the receivers as soon as the ball is snapped? Defensive holding is a 5-yard penalty but more importantly it would have used up the clock. Two defensive holding penalties would have only moved the ball to the 35-yard line at which point Kansas City would have only had enough time for a Hail Mary 65 from the goal line.

Comment

Why didn't the Buffalo defensive coordinator instruct his defensive backs to play press coverage and grab/tackle the receivers as soon as the ball is snapped? Defensive holding is a 5-yard penalty but more importantly it would have used up the clock. Two defensive holding penalties would have only moved the ball to the 35-yard line at which point Kansas City would have only had enough time for a Hail Mary 65 from the goal line.
              Goo idea. I wondered why not a shorter perhaps "squib" kick to get that clock rolling. I blurted that to my wife who was actually watching.

Either way I bet people in KC will have shirts and hats printed with "Thirteen Seconds" on them.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                I wondered why not a shorter perhaps "squib" kick to get that clock rolling.
                My thought exactly. Dumb to kick it into the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                  My thought exactly. Dumb to kick it into the end zone.
                  A squib kick is a wild card, especially with Tyreek Hill back there. There's no telling what might happen. Kicking into the endzone leads to a predictable outcome. Also, if the squib kick didn't go far enough Kansas City might have downed it and still had 13 seconds left. Touchback, defensive holding, defensive holding would have definitely put Kansas City behind the 8 ball with them powerless to prevent it.

Comment

That's what I thought as well and a HS football coach who's fairly successful down here who I'm friendly with said the same.

Comment

Bills did the smart thing kicking the ball deep, trying to place a kick could have back fired, hell, you have the best D in the NFL they can't hang for 13 seconds?

Mahomes is starting to become the best QB we have seen, the guy is amazing.

Comment

Another blurt I had mid-play -excited though I was- was, "how do you let the best WR in the league beat you?" When the Bucs blew it and let Kupp get deep.
                        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

A squib kick is a wild card, especially with Tyreek Hill back there. There's no telling what might happen.
                          A squib most likely would've killed a few seconds and in any event, it could not have turned out worse for the Bills in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                            A squib most likely would've killed a few seconds and in any event,
                            Most likely? That's the textbook example of wild speculation and conjecture.

Originally posted by bad hammy
                            it could not have turned out worse for the Bills in the end.
                            Yes it could have, the Chiefs could have scored a touchdown and won the game in regulation. I know for a fact that they weren't going to score a touchdown on a touchback.

Comment

Thanks for the memories Coach Payton. 🖤💛

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...a1fa44295.html

Comment

Only 58 and a consistent winner (despite Bountygate), will he coach again - or take the Madden route and just do TV?

Comment

Working...
                                X