X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    The NFL should have a rule that once you've retired you have to wait at least a year to unretire.
    Ah, yes, a Brett Favre Rule.

March 2008 - retired
    August 2008 - signs with Jets

February 2009 - retired
    August 2009 - signs with Vikings

December 2010 - retired
    January 2011 - signed final NFL retirement papers

2013 - SL Rams ask him to sign with them . . . he did not, citing cumulative concussion problems.

2021 - restarts quarterback career . . . with Jerry Rice as his primary wide-out! . . . on TV ads.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    $37.5mil

Leave a comment:

• br
    replied
    Brady to join Fox after retirement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...pay-tom-brady/

"Surely, he’ll walk through the door as the highest paid of any of the current analysts. Why else would he have agreed to do it, if he wasn’t going to be making more than CBS’s Tony Romo or ESPN’s Troy Aikman?"

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    The NFL should have a rule that once you've retired you have to wait at least a year to unretire.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    The auction company has decided to cancel the sale and refund the money.
    It wasn't paid for yet. They would have needed a legal battle to force the buyer to pay -- a battle they might not win. Simpler and cheaper to just void the sale. They might have handled it differently if they'd already received the money.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

i wonder if the ball now takes on any special "last one that wasn't" status and still sells for a stupid amount of money

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    Right now, the ball is still his last touchdown ball, and will remain that way for at least 5 months.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Brady was drafted into the NFL in April 2000. In the draft next month, it's likely that at least 25% of the players who will be drafted were not yet born when he was drafted.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam$ View Post
    Bridget Moynahan @bridgetmoynahan
    "Thank God, I had no idea what I was going to do with my Sundays. Congratulations @TomBrady, so proud of you!"
    I think this is an eg. of wit?
    She's been supportive of Brady in the past so my guess is the sentiment is sincere.

Leave a comment:

• Adam$
    replied
    Bridget Moynahan @bridgetmoynahan
    "Thank God, I had no idea what I was going to do with my Sundays. Congratulations @TomBrady, so proud of you!"
    I think this is an eg. of wit?

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Right now, the ball is still his last touchdown ball, and will remain that way for at least 5 months.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by br View Post
    "A well-known auctioneer predicts that the auction house that sold Tom Brady's "last" touchdown ball, less than a day before Brady announced he would return to the game, will void the sale.
    If the auction house listed the lot as "last one", they certainly should.. . . Assuming he does throw another one.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    To adapt a comment seen a couple of times in music magazine reviews of poor albums, perhaps the purchase of the ball for that price was God's way of telling him he had too much money.
    Or more precisely, too much money relative to the knowledge and wisdom for what to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• br
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post

Bad news for the guy who just paid over a half-million for Brady's "last" TD ball LOL
    Does Buyer of Tom Brady’s ‘Last’ Touchdown Ball Have a Case for a Refund?

"A well-known auctioneer predicts that the auction house that sold Tom Brady's "last" touchdown ball, less than a day before Brady announced he would return to the game, will void the sale.

But if they don’t, a sports lawyer says the buyer is out of luck.

Lelands, the auction house that sold the ball on Saturday for $518,625, has had no comment."

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/bu...nd-memorabilia

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    [QUOTE=Trickstat;n1741816] perhaps the purchase of the ball for that price was God's way of telling him he had too much money./QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X