Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Parcel Service Lost Shipment

Has anyone here successfully collected an insurance claim from UPS for a lost shipment? I have been trying since May 2021 to collect insurance for a lost shipment from DC to OKC. I have had a UPS account for thirty years which has been suspended for non-payment of the invoice for the lost shipment.
    Countless calls to UPS Customer Service are passed along until the last person puts me on hold and eventually hangs up or promises faithfully to look into it and get back to me quickly but never does, multiple visits to local UPS stores who pass the buck to Customer Service, letters to UPS President and VP go unanswered.
    All this for a $52 invoice to ship a $300 computer monitor which they track to a warehouse in Maryland. UPS has acknowledged they cannot find the parcel and sent insurance claim forms to me that I filed in August 2021.
    Any suggestions?

Déjà vu

Comment

If you need something go out and buy it if at all possible. Shipping is facing a lot of difficulties these days and I have heard of many " misplaced" items.

Comment

Found it!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1481770722271760384
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
          If you need something, go out and buy it if at all possible. Shipping is facing a lot of difficulties these days and I have heard of many " misplaced" items.
          This monitor was one of five parcels of computer/equipment being returned to me by my Iranian author (Ghazal Omid) who has been living in DC, just graduated with honors from American University, and is relocating to the UK on a fellowship to work on her Ph.D. at Oxford. The other four parcels arrived in four days with a different shipping number and separate invoice. All parcels were shipped at the same time. First to a hub in Illinois from where, curiously, this parcel was returned to a UPS center in Maryland. UPS knows to the minute the arrival and departure time of every parcel at every transit point. They just can't find this one parcel.
          This seems like small potatoes but I guess UPS saves a lot of money by simply ignoring insurance claims.

Comment

At this point I’d take them to small claims court. That’ll get their attention. And if it doesn’t you’ll win by default.
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

This monitor was one of five parcels of computer/equipment being returned to me by my Iranian author (Ghazal Omid) who has been living in DC, just graduated with honors from American University, and is relocating to the UK on a fellowship to work on her Ph.D. at Oxford. The other four parcels arrived in four days with a different shipping number and separate invoice. All parcels were shipped at the same time. First to a hub in Illinois from where, curiously, this parcel was returned to a UPS center in Maryland. UPS knows to the minute the arrival and departure time of every parcel at every transit point. They just can't find this one parcel.
              This seems like small potatoes but I guess UPS saves a lot of money by simply ignoring insurance claims.

Have you tried having your daughter send them a strongly-worded letter? I suspect that would get their attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

Have you tried having your daughter send them a strongly-worded letter? I suspect that would get their attention.
                "Strongly-worded letters" these days do nothing but reinforce their arrogance or laziness. Only hard action will get their attention or drive them into a frenzy.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

ok, so it wasn't you ordering something. Got it! Sheer incompetence on someone's part.

Comment

Working...
                  X