Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on banning Russians for Ukraine (split)

gets its own thread

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    5.00 is quite a high "plateau" - almost Tibetan! Isinbayeva and Suhr (indoors) being the only other 5m vaulters.
    Despite her (undeserved) ban, Sidorova is still a 5m vaulter (and will always be).

Comment

Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post

Despite her (undeserved) ban, Sidorova is still a 5m vaulter (and will always be).
      When was she banned, or you mean the blanket Russian ban?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

When was she banned, or you mean the blanket Russian ban?
        I'd guess the blanket ban. Her very last post on Instagram was a day before the ban was announced and it was to the effect of "I can't believe this is happening." I guess they were informed before it went public.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          the blanket Russian ban?
          I can't see that lifted by July and am conflicted by the loss.

Comment

I was just worried I missed something about an actual ban on her individually. Zaza is right, she is still a 5m vaulter

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I'm not!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

I'm not!!
                Nor am I. Of course I supported the 1980 boycott also. Banning the Russians seems entirely appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Nor am I. Of course I supported the 1980 boycott also. Banning the Russians seems entirely appropriate.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  The boycott was a complete disaster. I know very few people who were even for it. Surprised to read someone admit they were actually for the failed 1980 Jimmy Carter boycott!

In May 2002, former President Jimmy Carter was asked during a question-and-answer session at Stanford University how he viewed his decision to boycott the 1980 Moscow Olympics. His answer:

“I really have mixed emotions about that; if there was one decision in my administration that I would reconsider, it might be that one."
                  Last edited by TWalsh; 04-23-2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Don't remember any ban or anybody willing to ban some invading countries in the past. But I guess we're drifting here ...

Comment

Don't remember any ban or anybody willing to ban some invading countries in the past. But I guess we're drifting here ...
                      this sets a very important precedent for future invaders!!

Comment

takes out my favorite female athlete and a very fun competitive trio. Hopefully they don't ban clips of them.

Comment

Oops I missed Sidorova nestled amongst the Isinbayevas on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                            Oops I missed Sidorova nestled amongst the Isinbayevas on the list!
                            Ah yes . . . the ol' Russian Nesting Dolls gambit.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I ain't. It's stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X