Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned from Russia

Russia permanently banned nearly 1,000 Americans, including President Biden and Vice President Harris, from entering the country in response to the United States’ support of Ukraine and the historic sanctions facing Moscow nearly three months into its invasion.

a largely symbolic move featuring a wide-ranging collection of Biden administration members, Republicans, tech executives, journalists, lawmakers who have died, regular U.S. citizens and even actor Morgan Freeman.

One prominent name missing from the list: former president Donald Trump. In fact, the only prominent Trump administration official included in the ban is former secretary of state Mike Pompeo.

Russia also named former senators John McCain (R-Ariz.). Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) and Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah) as among the current or ex-lawmakers barred from entering the country, even though they are all dead.

No journalists or hosts from Fox News were banned by Russia on Saturday, according to the list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ukraine-biden/

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Comment

Badge of Honor....russia is a shithole country.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

a largely symbolic move featuring a wide-ranging collection of Biden administration members, Republicans, tech executives, journalists, lawmakers who have died, regular U.S. citizens and even actor Morgan Freeman.

Maybe they are concerned that Morgan Freeman would help Brittany Greiner escape ala Andy Dufresne?

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
          All class - as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by mw61 View Post

All class - as usual.
            Yeah...ask a Ukrainian

Comment

The list(in Russian). Fortunately for Griner Bill Richardson is not on it.

https://www.mid.ru/ru/maps/us/1814243/
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                I wouldn't consider it badge of honor or shame being on the list, I wouldn't care one way or the other. Interestly, Matt Gaerz, Louie Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Lauren Boebart and Marjorie Greene are all on the list as well as Alexandria Cortez and Ihlan Omar. On the other hand, Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders were omitted from the list.

Comment

How can I get on the list? It would look good in my resume and obituary.

Comment

i was on the list of banned journalists in '80

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                      Moscow OG commentary?
                      My claim to fame in that regard is that I was fired from The Naval Academy faculty and my prep school's faculty for articles I helped write . . . for one day at each place, which is how long it took for the people in charge to be told by my immediate supervisors that it was . . . satire . . . and meant the opposite of what they thought it did. Pretty exciting at the time!
                      Last edited by Atticus; 05-24-2022, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I wouldn't consider it badge of honor or shame being on the list, I wouldn't care one way or the other. Interestly, Matt Gaerz, Louie Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Lauren Boebart and Marjorie Greene are all on the list as well as Alexandria Cortez and Ihlan Omar. On the other hand, Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders were omitted from the list.
                        Good info. Shuts down the knucklehead direction the thread was heading.

You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I wonder if McCain and the other deceased individuals on the list are portrayed as still being alive by the Russian state-controlled media.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                            Russian state-controlled media.
                            Which the populace so docilely accepts - not they could do anything about it.
                            But . . . Lenin 'understood' that capitalist countries also did not have 'freedom of the press' initially because the capitalist fat-cats controlled it to do their bidding.
                            The irony here is that the chaos of modern social media guarantees a freer press, one that can disseminate mis/disinformation freely.

As far as this Banned List goes, it is also rich with irony, a tone that Russia has not been able to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                              A list of honor! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X