Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia is on the list of countries that westerners should not be visiting anyway.
    As proven by recent cases, you can be arrested and have absolutely no legal redress. You could just rot in prison whether you committed a crime or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mungo man View Post
      Russia is on the list of countries that westerners should not be visiting anyway.
      As proven by recent cases, you can be arrested and have absolutely no legal redress. You could just rot in prison whether you committed a crime or not.
      IMHO, Russia has been on that list since before my grandparents emigrated from there in the 1890s; thank God for my grandfather!!! May he rest in peace!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I wouldn't consider it badge of honor or shame being on the list, I wouldn't care one way or the other. Interestly, Matt Gaerz, Louie Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Lauren Boebart and Marjorie Greene are all on the list as well as Alexandria Cortez and Ihlan Omar. On the other hand, Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders were omitted from the list.
        I won't begin to attempt to comprehend any russian rationale but I surely would laugh if I were banned from a nation who's leader is a genocidal mass murdering war criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post

I won't begin to attempt to comprehend any russian rationale but I surely would laugh if I were banned from a nation who's leader is a genocidal mass murdering war criminal.
          I'm no Putin fan but there's some hyperbolic in your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I'm no Putin fan but there's some hyperbolic in your statement.
            Yeah...prove my statement wrong

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post

Yeah...prove my statement wrong
              You can't prove subjective adjectives wrong, you know that. It's in the eyes of the beholder and I don't believe Putin is genocidal. War criminal is a different matter because there are objective criteria you can use to determine whether someone is a war criminal.
              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 05-26-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                Russia permanently banned nearly 1,000 Americans, including President Biden and Vice President Harris, from entering the country

and even actor Morgan Freeman.

I heard that Morgan Freeman is very upset, because going to Russia is on his bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

I heard that Morgan Freeman is very upset, because going to Russia is on his bucket list.
                  Well done!!

Putin may or may not be any number of things but his invasion of Ukraine (the 88th most armed nation per capita) has shown the importance...the deterence...of "a rifle behind every blade of grass."

I know many, many people in the US and abroad are paying attention to this.
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Well done!!

Putin may or may not be any number of things but his invasion of Ukraine (the 88th most armed nation per capita) has shown the importance...the deterence...of "a rifle behind every blade of grass."
                    England (with Wales) is ranked even lower than that and hasn't been invaded since 1066. Yemen is 3rd on the list but that hasn't deterred the Saudis much.

Comment

Working...
                    X