Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 College Football

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah!

After week 1, the top 10 in the Coaches Poll (1st place votes in paratheses):

1. Alabama (54)
    2. Ohio State (5)
    3. Georgia (6)
    4. Clemson
    5. Notre Dame
    6. Michigan
    7. Texas A&M
    8. Utah
    9. Oklahoma
    10. Baylor

The ranked matchups this weekend:

12 Oregon at 3 Georgia
    5 Notre Dame at 2 Ohio State
    22 Cincinnati at 23 Arkansas

Predictions?

On a side note, Max Johnson (QB) and Eli Ricks (CB), who were starters at LSU last year, will enter the season sitting on the bench at Texas A&M and Alabama respectively. I guess that's a sign of things to come in the new era of college football where money rule$.

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    12 Oregon at 3 Georgia
    Predictions?
    Of more than passing (!) interest here is

Utah-Florida
    Clemson-GaT (Mon)

The first two games you listed are HUGE this early. If you buy the talking heads' hype, Ohio St and Georgia will win by 100. We'll see.

Comment

Oklahoma is hyped over the OklaState/Central Michigan rematch. CMU won their 1916 game by one point on an officials error on last play of game for which the officials crew and replay officials were suspended for two games.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf49 View Post
        Oklahoma is hyped over the OklaState/Central Michigan rematch. CMU won their 1916 game by one point on an officials error on last play of game for which the officials crew and replay officials were suspended for two games.
        See that. Replay was a waste of time in 1916 as well as today.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah!

After week 1, the top 10 in the Coaches Poll (1st place votes in paratheses):

1. Alabama (54)
          2. Ohio State (5)
          3. Georgia (6)
          4. Clemson
          5. Notre Dame
          6. Michigan
          7. Texas A&M
          8. Utah
          9. Oklahoma
          10. Baylor

The ranked matchups this weekend:

12 Oregon at 3 Georgia

Predictions?

On a side note, Max Johnson (QB) and Eli Ricks (CB), who were starters at LSU last year, will enter the season sitting on the bench at Texas A&M and Alabama respectively. I guess that's a sign of things to come in the new era of college football where money rule$.
          I almost agree with that coaches poll, but I had it slightly different:

1. Duke
          2. Alabama
          3. Ohio State
          4. Georgia
          5. Clemson
          6. Notre Dame
          7. Michigan
          8. Texas A&M
          9. Utah
          10. Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I almost agree with that coaches poll, but I had it slightly different:

1. Duke
            2. Alabama
            3. Ohio State
            4. Georgia
            5. Clemson
            6. Notre Dame
            7. Michigan
            8. Texas A&M
            9. Utah
            10. Oklahoma
            I see what you did there........ You are just a few months premature.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinR View Post

I see what you did there........ You are just a few months premature.
              Actually, maybe more like a few decades premature.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Actually, maybe more like a few decades premature.
                Keep hope alive, Bam! I expect a lull of sorts, but with the support base, the history, and the omni-presence of Dick Vitale, y'all are going to recover nicely.

Comment

Cowboys build a huge lead, then "hang on," 58-44 (despite getting outgained).

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
                    Cowboys build a huge lead, then "hang on," 58-44 (despite getting outgained).
                    A frustrating game. CMU won the second half. Gundy said post-game that OSU lost momentum when they took their foot off the gas with a 4 touch down lead but that does not explain the pathetic OSU coverage and tackling.

Comment

A lot of typical week 1 blowouts with upper echelon DI schools playing lower rung conference patsies. You end up with Baylor-Albany, Oklahoma-UTEP Wisconsin-Illinois St. and the biggest farce of the weekend Georgia-Oregon.

Great game last night FSU-LSU although some may disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                        Great game last night FSU-LSU although some may disagree.
                        As someone who came to Nole football in the 90s and expected top 5 finishes EVERY year, it's been a humbling time since Bobby timed out and then Jimbo abandoned ship.
                        It seem righted now and we'll take whatever wins we can get. That finish . . . the ol' ticker can't take many of those.

Comment

LSU
                          Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          As someone who came to Nole football in the 90s and expected top 5 finishes EVERY year, it's been a humbling time since Bobby timed out and then Jimbo abandoned ship.
                          It seem righted now and we'll take whatever wins we can get. That finish . . . the ol' ticker can't take many of those.
                          I caught the last quarter of the FSU/LSU game. Football entertainment at its best. I can imagine anyone emotionally invested was going berserk.
                          Last edited by lonewolf49; 09-07-2022, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I caught the last quarter of the FSU/FSU game.
                            FSU had to win, huh?

Comment

Wild finish to UNC's 63-61 win (in regulation) over Appalachian St. The good news is my Heels won. The bad news is App St scored 40 points in the fourth quarter!

https://keepingitheel.com/2022/09/05...the-tar-heels/

Comment

Working...
                              X