Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    FSU had to win, huh?
    Well the F and the L are only four keys apart on my keyboard.

Comment

Tomorrow's LSU-Southern will have no national significance but it can't be overstated what a big deal it is in Baton Rouge, as evidenced by the sold-out stadium which is expected to have the biggest crowd in its history and the fact that the tickets are hotter than past LSU-Alabama tickets according to LSU's assistant AD. I'll be there wearing an LSU jersey and a Southern baseball cap and I'm sure I won't be the only one in the stadium with divided loyalties.

Lifelong Southern fans reflect on a historic first meeting with LSU: 'This game is long overdue' | Southern | theadvocate.com

Comment

The now former coach at Nebraska gets rewarded with $15,000,000 for doing an absolutely shitty job!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
          The now former coach at Nebraska gets rewarded with $15,000,000 for doing an absolutely shitty job!
          Just imagine what Jimbo Fisher would be getting if A&M treated him like they did Kevin Sumlin...

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
            Just think of it as delayed NIL compensation for past QB sevices.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              Tomorrow's LSU-Southern will have no national significance but it can't be overstated what a big deal it is in Baton Rouge, as evidenced by the sold-out stadium which is expected to have the biggest crowd in its history and the fact that the tickets are hotter than past LSU-Alabama tickets according to LSU's assistant AD. I'll be there wearing an LSU jersey and a Southern baseball cap and I'm sure I won't be the only one in the stadium with divided loyalties.

Lifelong Southern fans reflect on a historic first meeting with LSU: 'This game is long overdue' | Southern | theadvocate.com
              Thoughts on the result?
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                Thoughts on the result?
                37-0 after the first quarter . . .

Comment

Thoughts on the result?
                  The final score is about what I expected, but on the ride home I heard a guy on the radio describe it as a celebration rather than a football game and those are my sentiments exactly. It was a sellout crowd that probably set a record for fans wearing the colors of the visiting team in Tiger Stadium. I sat on the home side and it seemed like 30% of the fans near me were wearing Southern colors. It's estimated that there were 200,000 people on campus, with tailgate parties set up as far as the eyes can see. Southern started out the game repeatedly shooting itself in the foot, fumbling the opening kickoff, followed by more fumbles and a pick 6. The first quarter deflated everybody, even the LSU fans who were sitting near me, who quit cheering after LSU blocked a punt at the end of the 1st quarter to go up 37-0. I even saw an LSU fan sitting in front of me drop his head in hands. They wanted to see LSU win but didn't want to see Southern get embarrassed and after Southern started moving the ball, the mood started to lighten up. It sort of felt like the Bayou Classic except that there was none of the taunting and teasing that would typically take place in the Grambling-Southern game, both on the field and in the stands. I heard that it was the first time that LSU allowed the marching band of the visiting team to march into its stadium and the highlight of the night was the halftime show which featured Southern first, followed by LSU and then a joint performance that people are still talking about, Muna Lee posted " I been waiting for LSU band to dance on the field for years! Finally!!". After the game, the players congregated on the field for much longer than normal as if they all wanted to relish the significance of the moment, and this was followed by another HBCU tradition called the 5th quarter, which is basically a 30-minute battle of the bands show that takes place after the game between two opposing bands. Here's the wrap-up from The Advocate:

Scott Rabalais: The scene, the show, the game — LSU-Southern was one for the books | LSU | theadvocate.com

Here's the video of the halftime show:

LSU/SU Joint Halftime, New Age Latin show - YouTube

Here's what the newspaper has looked like the last couple of days:

BatonRouge_20220911_A01.jpg BatonRouge_20220910_C01.jpg BatonRouge_20220911_C01.jpg BatonRouge_20220910_A01.jpg BatonRouge_20220910_B01.jpg
                  Last edited by jazzcyclist; 09-12-2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

What a great write-up jazzcyclist - Thanks! Sounds like a blast and glad it turned out to be one.

Comment

Looked at tomorrow’s match-ups. Think I’ll read Moby Dick instead…..

Comment

What a great write-up jazzcyclist - Thanks! Sounds like a blast and glad it turned out to be one.
                        As part of the fallout from the game, bars in Baton Rouge will now be allowed to stay open an hour later on nights that Southern or LSU have a home game. Nevermind the fact that only an LSU-Southern could ever produce this sort of traffic, not just any home game. I can't imagine this sort of law passing anywhere except Louisiana, the last state to raise its drinking age from 18 to 21, and then only after threats from the Feds to take away the state's federal highway funds.
                        Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Will keeping Baton Rouge bars open an hour later alleviate game day traffic? | News | theadvocate.com
                        Last edited by jazzcyclist; 09-17-2022, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                          I'll bet there will be some upsets worth watching. Last Saturday was wild and I think the transfer portal and NILs have a lot to do with it.

Comment

Oy vey! Bite your tongue.

But enjoy Pequod and her exploits. Fair winds and following seas. Tell us how it ends.

Comment

Early games have no game worth tuning into.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Early games have no game worth tuning into.
                                What about ESPN's Gameday matchup between App St. and Troy? They don't get any more dramatic than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X