Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Well, FSU also had to play with a bigger ball, so it affected both teams equally, I guess. Still incredible this kind of thing happens in a D1 game.

Duke women's coach Lawson says men's ball used vs. FSU (yahoo.com)

Duke coach Kara Lawson said her team played with a men's basketball for the first half of a loss to Florida State last Sunday.
    It's amazing a player didn't pick up on it. The dimensions are on the ball.

Comment

The easy solution is for men to play with blue balls and women to play with pink balls.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
        The easy solution is for men to play with blue balls and women to play with pink balls.
        I've played with blue balls a few times.

Comment

Duke urology rotation? And, by the way, good luck today. I don’t have a good feeling about this one for Carolina. We are under performing so much this year. Somehow Brady Manek really was some sort of glue that held the team together last year. His sort of replacement, Pete Nance, is almost identical in terms of per game stats yet something is missing. Manek was so good on the three pointer and had such a quick release, he somehow spread the floor more.

Comment

I had never heard of this story before.

Kim Mulkey coaching South Carolina women's basketball? This was a possibility. The story on a decision that led her to LSU women's basketball.

Comment

If the season ends today, I would go with 1. Clark, 2, Boston, 3. Siergrist and 4. Reese.

Comment

Heard a good story this weekend. Woman who is a nurse here in town and teaches at one of the nursing schools, she and her extended family and friends do a big March Madness pool every year. They have this foot-high basketball trophy and whoever wins the pool gets their name engraved on the gold name plate, and gets to keep the trophy for the next year. I thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Wow!!!
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

North Carolina was a very reasonable preseason #1, returning four starters and having picked up Pete Nance from Northwestern as a perfect replacement for Brady Manek. They look to be 10 deep vs 6 deep last year. But had trouble with some teams they should’ve handled easily before finally losing to Iowa State yesterday. Lots of contenders this year.
                    Eleven weeks later....

We pretty much suck eggs. This has to be the most disappointing, underperforming UNC team I've seen in 43 years as a fan.

Comment

Eleven weeks later....

We pretty much suck eggs. This has to be the most disappointing, underperforming UNC team I've seen in 43 years as a fan.
                      Fortunately for UNC, Duke is just about equally bad this year.

Comment

Duke urology rotation?
                        No, but as an aside, I was the intern on urology for 3 full months, which is much longer than anybody is normally assigned to any service. Its a long story but relates to a thoracic surgeon intern who ended up being fired and they needed somebody to fill in. It actually worked out pretty well for me, as it was a fun rotation, although very busy, and they gave me a lot of responsibility near the end as I'd been on the service so long so I got to do a lot of procedures. I also finagled an extra weekend off during the last half of the rotation, in exchange for filling in for that worthless intern, and weekends off were like gold bars to a Duke intern back in the 1980s.

Comment

Surgery interns at Duke back in those days worked 36 hours on, 12 hours off, and did that for two years, correct?

Comment

Carolina trying to become the first preseason number one ranked team not to make the tournament since they went to 64 teams in 1985.

Many of these same Tar Heels were pillars of a team that flirted with the bubble last year before catching fire in mid-February. This season's team often doesn’t display the same hunger as 2022 UNC.
                            Last edited by DrJay; 02-14-2023, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Surgery interns at Duke back in those days worked 36 hours on, 12 hours off, and did that for two years, correct?
                              That's correct. We lived by the 6 o'clock rule. We came in in the morning to start rounds at 6 AM, and we were not allowed to leave until 6 PM the next day, after spending that night on call. It was brutal for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Oh, dear.....

Comment

Working...
                                X