Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBron--NBA Career Points Lead Watch

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LeBron--NBA Career Points Lead Watch

    LeBron James's lengthy career has moved him into strong contention for All Time leads---or very high placings--in several NBA career categories.
    The most prominent is Total Career Points--where he is within 423 points of overtaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the Number One Scorer!!
    The Lakers have about 40 games left this season.
    At his current average of 29 ppg, James needs about 15 games to reach First Place!

    Other high ratings include---
    (sorry for delay!)
    Games Played--10th now, could reach 8th this season
    Minutes Played--1600 short of 2nd--next season??
    Field Goals--2nd--can reach first by end of next season
    Field Goal Attempts--990 short of 1st--early next season??
    Free Throws--4th now--might reach 2nd by end of next season
    Free Throw Attempts--should reach 4th this season--2nd by end of next season
    Assists--should be 4th by end of this season

    Total Points--As noted, is 423 shy of First---next 15 games???
    Last edited by aaronk; 01-11-2023, 06:58 PM.

  • #2
    364 to go-----maybe just 10 or 11 more games, as James scored 35 yesterday!

    Comment


    • #3
      He's a marvel for sure. I think it's endlessly fascinating that he'll almost certainly be the only member of the:

      40,000-10,000-10,000 club.
      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

      Comment


      • #4
        261 to go

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
          He's a marvel for sure. I think it's endlessly fascinating that he'll almost certainly be the only member of the:

          40,000-10,000-10,000 club.
          But not be joining Wilt's 20k club.
          Last edited by DET59; 01-22-2023, 07:10 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            One knock on Lebron compared to Jordan and Jabbar is defense. Lebron has made the NBA's All-Defense team 6 times, the last time when he was 29. Jabbar made the All-Defense team 11 times including 5 times pass the age of 30. Jordan made the All-Defense team 9 times including 3 times pass the age of 30, and in 1988 he won the NBA's Defensive WVP. award while leading the league in scoring.
            Last edited by jazzcyclist; 01-23-2023, 10:41 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              After scoring 37 yesterday, he needs just 224 more to become Number ONE!!!!!
              Maybe 7 more games!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Where would he be if we took away his first four seasons?

                Total
                Rank
                1
                2
                3
                4
                Adjusted Total
                Adjusted Rank
                Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
                38,387
                1
                38,387
                1
                Karl Malone
                36,928
                3
                36,928
                2
                Wilt Chamberlain
                31,419
                7
                31,419
                3
                Michael Jordan
                32,292
                5
                2,313
                29,979
                4
                Dirk Nowitzki
                31,560
                6
                385
                1,435
                29,740
                5
                LeBron James
                38,164
                2
                1,654
                2,175
                2,478
                2,132
                29,725
                6
                Kobe Bryant
                33,643
                4
                539
                1,220
                996
                1,485
                29,403
                7
                Shaquille O'Neal
                30,026
                8
                1,893
                28,133
                8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                  After scoring 37 yesterday, he needs just 224 more to become Number ONE!!!!!
                  Maybe 7 more games!!
                  Fun video short about Lebron's "age"

                  Never miss a moment with the latest news, trending stories and highlights to bring you closer to your favorite players and teams.Download now ➡ https://app.l...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DET59 View Post

                    Fun video short about Lebron's "age"
                    Well...

                    Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 10.13.27 AM.png

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dumb guy says "I don't understand this chart - what is it trying to tell us?" As a big Wilt & Kareem fan I like to seem them at the top but am not following the process how they (Wilt, particularly) got there.​


                      Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
                      Where would he be if we took away his first four seasons?
                      Total
                      Rank
                      1
                      2
                      3
                      4
                      Adjusted Total
                      Adjusted Rank
                      Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
                      38,387
                      1
                      38,387
                      1
                      Karl Malone
                      36,928
                      3
                      36,928
                      2
                      Wilt Chamberlain
                      31,419
                      7
                      31,419
                      3
                      Michael Jordan
                      32,292
                      5
                      2,313
                      29,979
                      4
                      Dirk Nowitzki
                      31,560
                      6
                      385
                      1,435
                      29,740
                      5
                      LeBron James
                      38,164
                      2
                      1,654
                      2,175
                      2,478
                      2,132
                      29,725
                      6
                      Kobe Bryant
                      33,643
                      4
                      539
                      1,220
                      996
                      1,485
                      29,403
                      7
                      Shaquille O'Neal
                      30,026
                      8
                      1,893
                      28,133
                      8

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He subtracted points scored during years the player would have been in college, not the NBA, had they played four years of NCAA ball. Lebron and Kobe went straight to the NBA from HS. Jordan left UNC with one year of eligibility left. Etc. Trying to level the statistical playing field, in a way.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                          He subtracted points scored during years the player would have been in college, not the NBA, had they played four years of NCAA ball. Lebron and Kobe went straight to the NBA from HS. Jordan left UNC with one year of eligibility left. Etc. Trying to level the statistical playing field, in a way.
                          Well said. Thanks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                            He subtracted points scored during years the player would have been in college, not the NBA, had they played four years of NCAA ball. Lebron and Kobe went straight to the NBA from HS. Jordan left UNC with one year of eligibility left. Etc. Trying to level the statistical playing field, in a way.
                            I like this a lot! Shows how crazy good and long-lived Kareem and Malone were. Also, Wilt did all of his damage from age 23-36. Jeepers.


                            I love that Wilt led the NBA in scoring 7-straight seasons to start his career and led in Rebounding 7-straight to finish (not counting the year he was injured and barely played).

                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wonder how much longer LeBron plans on playing!
                              Anyone know?
                              If he goes another 2 or 3 seasons AFTER this one (2 would be the 24-25, 3 would be 25-26, making him 41-plus at its end), he could be FIRST in several of the categories I listed in my first post!
                              In total scoring, he could surpass 45,000 points if he plays 3 more years, and about 43,000 if he plays two more!!
                              Last edited by aaronk; 01-25-2023, 05:28 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X