Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldrick
    Originally posted by marknhj
    I don't think Hugh Mc is the greatest sports journalist in Britain - I think he's the best in the world. He's one reason I pay $10 to read The Sunday Times every week.
    is that because he wrote nice things about your jumping ?

btw, a lot of the sunday times is on-line ( might save you $10 ) - i never bother buying it anymore

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,2086,00.html
    LOL - Not sure if I ever met him or not but think I must have, I knew most them, Pat Butcher, Cliff Temple et al. The one article I do remember was being dissed by John Rodda in the Guardian - decided to deck him next time I saw him but moved to LA instead! I read The Times online everyday but the Sunday edition is too much to read on a screen. I read almost every word and it takes me about 5 hours during the course of the week.

Back to boxing - I saw Ricky Hatton's US debut on Saturday night. Had read a lot about him and have to say I was not impressed, don't actually think he won.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
      Back to boxing - I saw Ricky Hatton's US debut on Saturday night. Had read a lot about him and have to say I was not impressed, don't actually think he won.
      i'm waiting to see that in the next few days

it was on sky box-office : £14.95 & seeing as i already pay £42+/month for sky, i didn't fancy paying more , & not enough enthusiasm to go to Sports Cafe in Haymarket to watch, so listened to it on radio 5 - the commentary seemed to be that he was lucky

he doesn' seem to be a welterweight & this guy collazo is slick, but no bomber ( nor, fortunately for ricky, is floyd )

i think hatton's got a better chance with floyd ( who he coud "bully" if he gets close ) rather than guys like margarito ( wbo champ who is a big banger ) or baldomir ( ? wbc champ who's crude, but another hitter )

better he goes back to 140 pounds - there are big powerful beasts at 147 & ricky ain't no manos de piedra

Comment

Readers of this post should be reminded that both Floyd and Ingo ran the NYC Marathon. I saw Ingo at Ft. Hamilton prior to the 1981 race and he was quite a gut. As I recall, Floyd ran close to 3:40 but I don't think that it was in 1981.

Comment

Apologies for my typo. Ingo HAD quite a gut, its not that he was quite a gut (whatever that might mean).

Comment

Working...
          X