Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predicting races via hand dimensions

Did anyone see a program on public television this past weekend, where a professor predicted racer performances via measuring runner's hands and fingers? I did not see the entire episode, so I am not sure what the exact criteria was, or the reasoning behind it. However, I believe it had something to do with the differential between the length of the ring finger and fore finger.
    The professor very accurately guessed the outcome of a race of 6 runners based on this, without ever meeting the runners beforehand.
    Just wondering if anyone has further information.......

Sounds a like a hand job to me.

Comment

Yeah, just like a guy with big feet (or is it nose?) has a . . .

Comment

Wouldnt it be great if you knew who was gonna win the race without all the sweat and pain. Picture yourself lounging in your favorite chair with a beer when a hand expert declares you a champion and hands you a gold medal. Where do i sign up?
        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          Wouldnt it be great if you knew who was gonna win the race without all the sweat and pain.
          If the tallest won the HJ by default this would be Stefan Holms new training regime. Looks like there would still be plenty of sweat and pain.

Comment

Wouldnt it be great if you knew who was gonna win the race without all the sweat and pain. Picture yourself lounging in your favorite chair with a beer when a hand expert declares you a champion and hands you a gold medal. Where do i sign up?
            This is the most humorous response i've seen on here in a long time! LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by steve
              This is the most humorous response i've seen on here in a long time! LMAO!
              Thanx steve!
              phsstt!

Comment

You'll excuse me if I migrate this thread over to where it belongs (oh, wait, we don't have a National Enquirer section! I'll just have to make do).

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  You'll excuse me if I migrate this thread over to where it belongs (oh, wait, we don't have a National Enquirer section! I'll just have to make do).
                  If you create one, I'll volunteer to be the moderator.

Just want to contribute is all.

Comment

Originally posted by bekeselassie
                    If you create one, I'll volunteer to be the moderator.
                    If you make an 'Inane Board', may I moderate that one??!!

Comment

Re: Predicting races via hand dimensions

Originally posted by Jacksf
                      Did anyone see a program on public television this past weekend, where a professor predicted racer performances via measuring runner's hands and fingers?
                      i thought you generally predicted size of something a little more "anatomical" from those ???

Comment

Re: Predicting races via hand dimensions

Originally posted by eldrick
                        Originally posted by Jacksf
                        Did anyone see a program on public television this past weekend, where a professor predicted racer performances via measuring runner's hands and fingers?
                        i thought you generally predicted size of something a little more "anatomical" from those ???
                        OK, in that department, what does a hat size of, say, 7.25 US and a ring size of 8 US predict? Or do you need a third data point?

Comment

Not necessarily inane, people. I have seen some research using digit proportions as a marker for relative testosterone levels in the womb but this was in the context of testosterone impact on brain structure and likelihood of homosexuality. The only definitive figures I can recall is something about a 7.25:8 ratio........

Comment

Working...
                          X