Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my desk it gets 2 1/2 stars then subtract a star for bl

This movie... I wanted to like and ignored things like secret messages from Vatican in English instead of Latin among other nuisances.
    My daughter knows nothing of these blatant subtleties.
    She liked it and gave three stars.
    In the end it was OK but somehow the material could surely be worked into 4 star stuff.
    I think it was best said ....Howard managed to turn gold into lead.
    From my desk it gets 2 1/2 stars then subtract a star for blowing it.

Comment

watched yesterday!

I didn't like it, I prefer the book.. IMHO a bit ridiculous

when she tried to walk over water, oh please! :shock:
      “I'm not a star, I'm just an ordinary person who wants to do something because I think it's fun.”

Carolina Kluft

Comment

Re: The DaVinci Code

Originally posted by tafnut
        "Good movie, but I wonder if I wouldn’t have liked it better if I hadn’t read the book. Tom Hanks is a complete miscast, and the greatest asset of the book, its compelling pace, is lost here in sloggy exposition.
        OK, just saw Angels & Demons, and I gotta agree with this tafnut dude ( :roll: ), Hanks is still miscast; the movie is not as good as the book; the lady lead added little to the movie; Ron Howard makes good movies, but this one lacked oomph (whatever that is). I also think those who didn't read the book will like it better than those who did.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          OK, just saw Angels & Demons
          Please tell me they left out the part in the book where he jumps off the building (or was it a helicopter?) and uses his jacket as a parachute?

Comment

OK, just saw Angels & Demons?

Matt Marriott gives it two thumbs up!
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
              Please tell me they left out the part in the book where he jumps off the building (or was it a helicopter?) and uses his jacket as a parachute?
              Yeah, I totally didn't understand what that was all about. It is indeed a parachute in the movie, but I still don't get how a matter/anti-matter explosion at 20,000 feet wouldn't evaporate all of Rome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                Have you see the new craze where these guys have glider suits with mini wing webs between their arms/body and between their legs. Maybe the author had that in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                  Have you see the new craze where these guys have glider suits with mini wing webs between their arms/body and between their legs.
                  Those guys have death wishes and pretty soon they will all be granted!

Comment

We had a thread on this earlier this year

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... 48652d1f2f

for lots of choices go to youtube.com and search "wingsuits"

Comment

Another thing about A&D - if you think the things that Jack Bauer can do in no time at all is amazing, wait'll ya see what Tom Hanks can come up with under 4 hours of plot time! He has the most random off-the-wall hunches that always seem to work out perfectly. In the book it seemed to make sense, but on-screen, you'll be doing lots of eye-rolling and head-shaking.

Comment

I used to do that a lot off the front porch but I gave it up after about age 6 or 7...

Comment

So no hoopla for the publication of The Lost Symbol last week? I could not put down Angels & Demons nor The Da Vinci Code, so I guess I'm gonna hafta shell out the $$ for the hardback.

Comment

Just finished The Lost Symbol. It's a very fast read - just like the others.

It's very hokey, but also very cool, and I totally buy the 'Secret of Ancient Mysteries' revealed at the end. :-)

Comment

I finished it yesterday. I'll rank it as #4 of his books.

1. Angels & Demons
                              2. Davinci Code
                              3. Digital Fortress
                              4. Lost Symbol.

A page turner but not nearly as well paced or interesting as some of his others works. And I felt like I was getting bludgeoned with the "Mysteries" over the last 30-40 pages.

Comment

Working...
                              X