Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Blame The Editors!

Thought this might amuse some of you. True story. My wife and I are driving home yesterday and I decide to "witness" to her. I was telling her about how Gatlin's 9.76 was bumped back to 9.77 and all that was behind it, yadda, yadda. Naturally, she was totally captivated by the whole thing. You could tell the impact it was having by the way she stared out the passenger side window speechless. All she could do was utter an occassional, "Mmm hmmm . . . uh huh . . . " I could tell she was shaken.

Anyway, I got a little irritated with myself and with Track & Field News when I misspoke and told her something to this effect, "So he's still the co-record holder. He just doesn't stand at the top alone. He has to share the record with Donovan Powell."

Aaaaaaahhhh!!!

No doubt she corrected your mistake, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
      No doubt she corrected your mistake, right?
      Well then I thought I'd tell her all about the cover debacle from a few months back. But I got the feeling she wasn't into our "monologue". There was just something about the way she said, "Sweetheart? WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP ABOUT TRACK!! PLEASE!! ONE MORE WORD ABOUT A BUNCH OF MEN IN SKIMPY OUTFITS RUNNING AND I'LL SCREAM!!!"

I think it was a bad idea when I informed her both that she was already screaming and that to be fair there were also lots of women in skimpy outfits running track.

Comment

Greatest headline ever in T&FN (when I was about 12, so I have no claim to it). In '59 or '60: "Edtior Needed"

Comment

Did they ever get one?

Comment

Kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by bekeselassie
              Did they ever get one?
              Had to hire some sewer plant engineer.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discus ... hp?t=19431
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Kidding!

Me too
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                  Did they ever get one?
                  Had to hire some sewer plant operator.
                  Funny, one of the smartest guys I know, a co-worker with a masters in math from Cal Berkeley, spent the first 18 years of his career as a sewer plant operator. He has since upgraded - he has essentially the same job as me!

Comment

Hey come on youz guys, if you've never engineered sewage you have no idea how involved it can be. I engineer my own sewage but thats on a small scale. The very first time i saw sewage i thought to myself somebody, somewhere is devoting their life to engineering that sewage.
                    phsstt!

Comment

Thing about the sewage business is the economy doesn't matter. There will always be sewage!

How did my thread descend into talk of sewage management? Aaah, that's it - you mix a guru with a Bad Hammy, throw in a dash of Squackee, and you have this thread!

Comment

Thing about the sewage business is the economy doesn't matter. There will always be sewage!
                        How did my thread descend into talk of sewage management? Aaah, that's it - you mix a guru with a Bad Hammy, throw in a dash of Squackee, and you have this thread!
                        All of my most recent T&FN's are in a magazine rack right next to the sewage input unit.

Comment

Working...
                        X