Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and he speaks better English than we do.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
      ...and he speaks better English than we do.
      EVERYONE speaks it better than Americans!

Comment

(uh, we as in wir kommen aus Schweden we).

Comment

Ich komme aus Amerika - wir sprechen Amerikanisch, kein Englisch.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
            Ich komme aus Amerika - wir sprechen Amerikanisch, kein Englisch.
            Schrecklich!!!!
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

That was a good skräckexempel! I knew you had some Swedish blood in you!

Comment

Bit late here - been on holiday - but my $0.02:

We got what we deserved.

Think Rooney's stamp was accidental.

Carvalho is a magnificent defender.

Any talented but cheating, preening tart who plays for the Red Scum will always be a hate figure for me anyway, so I've nothing new to say about Ronaldo.

England plus points - Rio (grits teeth), Ashley Cole (improved every game, back to his best), Hargreaves (always had an unfair wrap, you don't play 5 seasons for Bayern Munich if you're a mug), Joe Cole's goal against Sweden. Er, that's it.

Minus points - Lampard - clearly off form, and let it affect him mentally - Gerrard (went past Ashley in the opposite direction), Robinson, poor Owen, the tactics, ergo Svennis, the lack of pace, the WAGS (how the hell was that judged as benificial?), and the frustration of realising, yet again, that a bunch of talented players didn't perform when it mattered.

Tafnut, 40 more years of heartbreak starts again! (still think GER were overrated, though!).

Comment

Unfortunately for Rooney and England, Rooney will miss the first two European Championships qualifying matches in the autumn when England play Andorra 2-September and Macadonia on 6-September. He was fined 5.000 Swiss Franks.

Comment

Welcome back Jay - pretty much agree with all your points apart from Rooney stamping on that guys bollocks. I watched it about 10 times and believe it was deliberate, however, the ref should already have blown up for multiple fouls against him by the time he lost his head. The Times, in one commentary, called Rooney, "...the gonad crusher...". Ronaldo, who I have always thought to be overrated, was brilliant at times during the tournament. What really riled the English was not so much his vigorous appeal for his Man U teammate to be sent off but the blatant wink he did to his bench when the red card was raised, our tabloids have christened him, "The Portugese Winker"...yes, after four year of anticipation and forty years of frustration, it was yet again a huge letdown. We left for Palm Springs 30 mins after the game ended. After 1 mile I pulled over and told Lani to drive as I was too pissed off to concentrate...

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                      After 1 mile I pulled over and told Lani to drive as I was too pissed off to concentrate...
                      Good move... not to mention the chance of road rage.

Comment

Unfortunately for Rooney and England, Rooney will miss the first two European Championships qualifying matches in the autumn when England play Andorra 2-September and Macadonia on 6-September. He was fined 5.000 Swiss Franks.
                        apparently not just rooney, but also cufre and maxi rodriguez from argentina, for the fracas at the end of their loss to germany.

now in light of what ZZ did yesterday, it's a scandal figo got away with doing exactly the same thing (in the netherlands match)>

Comment

THE SUN: A massive anti-riot operation is planned for Cristiano Ronaldo's first game back on English soil.

Conference club Oxford have already sold 6,500 tickets for the United showdown.

But now the big concern is the remaining 3,500 tickets at the Kassam Stadium will be snapped up by angry England supporters if it is confirmed Ronaldo will play.
                          http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 94,00.html

Comment

Working...
                          X