X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Planet Index

Vanuatu scores at the top:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international ... 61,00.html

isn't there someone here who lives in vanuatu?

""The innovative global measure of progress, the Happy Planet Index, has been constructed by the New Economics Foundation (Nef) and Friends of the Earth using three factors: life expectancy, human wellbeing and damage done via a country's "environmental footprint".""

OooooooKkkkkkkkkk.... another wacko study.

Comment

Ook.

OooooooKkkkkkkkkk.... another wacko comment.

Comment

I'd like to comment on one thing...

NZ came out like 96th in this study.. but Auckland was rated the 5th best city in the world to live in. I don't know what my point is... but I got a feeling that study is "with the fairies" and that NZers are too damn pessimistic, which I guess is true.

Comment

Re: Ook.

Originally posted by dr ngo

OooooooKkkkkkkkkk.... another wacko comment.
          Sorry, Mr. Mother Earth. I guess a remote island with one, 100-year-old inhabitant would be the happiest place on earth, then. As long as that dude doesn't drive an evil SUV.

Comment

Re: Happy Planet Index

Originally posted by piaba
            Powell lists Vanatu as his location. I've got no idea if he's serious or not, but he sure seems to be in Europe a lot for somebody living on an island in the South Pacific.

Comment

Re: Happy Planet Index

Originally posted by BruceFlorman
              Originally posted by piaba
              Powell lists Vanatu as his location. I've got no idea if he's serious or not, but he sure seems to be in Europe a lot for somebody living on an island in the South Pacific.
              damn, if you can't believe what someone posts on these boards, what can you believe in??????????????????//

taht's the person i was referring to, but then no one seems to be truthful about where they live anymore... there's someone else here who lives supposedly in "deepest polynesia," (whatever that means).

Comment

Good luck getting consistent 5k dial up in vanuatu.

Comment

Working...
                X