Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Americans View Soccer . . .

. . . and the rest of the world views football, according to Oliphant.

With rugger somewhere in between.

Comment

After this World Cup, I would think Americans would view soccer as the sport where Major Pain is inflicted every 2 minutes, at least judging by all the writhing agony going on, on the field. Apparently no one ever gets hurt in American football, cuz the only time they bring on a stretcher is when the coroner shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
        Apparently no one ever gets hurt in American football, cuz the only time they bring on a stretcher is when the coroner shows up.
        Good point. Of course we all know what happens when they hit 40.

New knees and hips. May be they should writhe around a bit more, rather than taking all those cortisone shots (i forgot the rehab for pain killers).

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
          Originally posted by tafnut
          Apparently no one ever gets hurt in American football, cuz the only time they bring on a stretcher is when the coroner shows up.
          Good point. Of course we all know what happens when they hit 40.

New knees and hips. May be they should writhe around a bit more, rather than taking all those cortisone shots (i forgot the rehab for pain killers).
          I am not aware that "cortisone shots" would lead to further joints' deterioration.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Gridders have more problems related to those health-filled "supplements" they take as players... from what I hear, anyhoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              Of course we all know what happens when they hit 40.

You're talking about distance runners here, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                I am not aware that "cortisone shots" would lead to further joints' deterioration.
                Well it allows them to be on the field. So indirectly they do

Originally posted by gh
                You're talking about distance runners here, right?
                i hadn't realised they had it as bad as the ex football players.

Comment

Working...
                X