Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw it again this morning!!!!!!!!

Pet Peeve # 1: Parents (Waspish Beach Town Californians) pushing their overlarge children around in those stupid baby buggies with bicyle wheels... I mean kids so big that their feet literally drag on the ground, kids so big that they should at least be walking themselves or maybe even pushing their parents instead!

Does this happen elsewhere in the world or is it confined to chi-chi Santa Barbara? People even push their kids along in front of them in road races, sometimes twins. I'm not sure why this pisses me off so much - it just seems wrong. The parents are much more fit than their pampered kids!

This thread title could cover such a WIDE spectrum of subjects that the mind truly boggles...

Comment

My favorite is the parents in the mall with their 2-year-old on a leash, literally dragging him from store to store as he tries to break free and just play.

Comment

That leash is better than letting them run amok and spoil everyone else's day. Parents who let their kids run wild in non-running-wild spots should be locked up.
        </curmudgeon>

Comment

Originally posted by gm
          </curmudgeon>
          Zackly! Kids are SUPPOSED to run amok - that's their job!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
            Originally posted by gm
            </curmudgeon>

And old guys just run amok here instead.

now where is that muzzle.....

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
              Originally posted by gm
              </curmudgeon>
              There's a time and place for everything. Kids have plenty of other places to play (like YOUR house).

Poorly disciplined kids run amok.

Comment

I'm with gm on this one.

Comment

Another vote for kids on a leash in the mall. Anyone who objects has obviously never tried to keep track of a 2-3 year old on shopping expedition.

Comment

I'm not sure the leash is for dragging them from shop to shop, or for stopping them ruining other peoples shopping trip/. More likely so they don't lose their kid. There is nothing more scary than looking up and not knowing where your kid is, even if its only for a second or two. I'm not endorsing leashes, but i can see why some might find them comfortinmg in a busy mall.

As far as big kids in big strollers, get them walking young. My son always wants to be carried. I don't unless I am absolutely sure he is wacked. Kids are always looking for the easy way out.

Comment

My dad, who wasn't really the caregiver in our family by any stretch of the imagination, decides at the last minute in the summer of 1967 to bring me, age 9, and two of my brothers, ages 8 and 7, to Expo 67 in Montreal. Place is a zoo. We somehow manage to lose the 7 year old on the site. My dad decides to split the remaining three of us up to search for the 7 year old. It's a wonder we still aren't all missing.

Comment

MJD, that made me laugh out loud. I can just see the scene...

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                          MJD, that made me laugh out loud. I can just see the scene...
                          MJD a natural comedian... Very funny stuff.

Comment

That is a great story MJD!

Comment

OK, I can see MJD and bros. on leashes! My bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X