Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That always seems like such an odd question for shrinks to pursue... of course the voices in your head tell you what to do! "Crap, I gotta get up and go to work... Hmmm, I better take the trash out first... damn, I have to go to the ATM ... Jeeze, I need to hurry up or I'll miss the track meet on TV..." Who the hell else besides the voices in your head would you listen to?

Comment

Same here...ALL THE TIME...funny, but no one seems to complain

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
        I never talk to myself. Do too. Do not. Shut up. No, you shut up. Make me. You make ME. You're an idiot. So am I.
        i'm utterly shocked that there are only 2 voices in your head...

Comment

Originally posted by piaba
          Originally posted by tafnut
          I never talk to myself. Do too. Do not. Shut up. No, you shut up. Make me. You make ME. You're an idiot. So am I.
          i'm utterly shocked that there are only 2 voices in your head...
          Several others were on vacation and I think some more got sent to their rooms.

Comment

Of course I talk to myself but more often I talk to the TV screen.

Yes I give my fav athletes little pep talks and coaching advice.....then I scream and berate them when they don't follow my advice.

It is also isn't weird to deep breathe, pace the room and do warm up exercises before they get in the blocks is it?

Comment

The question is, has anyone ever talked to themselves and been caught?? The resulting foolishness in trying to 'play it off' is absolutely hillarious. It happened to me and I ended up just breaking into song. I was in serious blushdom.
              If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

I think the only time I REALLY do talk to myself is when I'm competing in soccer, volleyball or track and I compete poorly. I say really nasty things under my breath to myself, and my teammates (or opponents) just steer clear of me for a while. It's the ONLY time I use foul language - but I deserve it! If you listen closely this Friday, you'll probably hear it. :-(

Comment

i ONLY talk to myself. who better understands me but me? not to mention it's hard to find someone as debonair, suave, upbeat and vibrant to talk to...

so you won't believe what happened today... i was walking down the street when....

Comment

Of course. Sometimes it's the only way to have an intelligent conversation.

Comment

On a serious level, I talk to myself almost every time I'm preparing for an important meeting or negotiation. Try to get a sense of where the discussion might turn, particularly any red herrings the other side might pull out.

I have to be careful not to go too far, as I don't want to have spent the emotion that I might want to draw on in the real discussion.

Any trial attorneys out there? Don't you do something similar?

Comment

Working...
                      X