Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Posting Numbers Not Change?

I am not a threat, not do I aspire, to move into the Posting Big League but I notice the posting numbers attributed to an individual poster (not just me) may remain unchanged for several days or weeks through many postings on the same or several threads in different categories. Howzat??????

MY numbers keep going up, 'cept for that time I was stuck on 15999 for so long ;-)

Comment

still working on a way to make them all read zero

Comment

Re: Why Do Posting Numbers Not Change?

Originally posted by lonewolf
        I am not a threat, not do I aspire, to move into the Posting Big League but I notice the posting numbers attributed to an individual poster (not just me) may remain unchanged for several days or weeks through many postings on the same or several threads in different categories. Howzat??????

I think you are seeing things unless you were on some yanked threads.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
            Originally posted by gh
            Yes!
            I agree. Imagine tafnut being just one of the posters. How much more radical can an idea get?!
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
              Originally posted by MJD
              Originally posted by gh
              Yes!
              I agree. Imagine tafnut being just one of the posters. How much more radical can an idea get?!
              I would love that! I never liked the numbers to show up on every single post. Would the 'memberlist' numbers go away too? That is fun to look at every now and then. I guess I'll never reach 20,000 after all. Not a big loss. :-)

Comment

"Imagine tafnut being just one of the posters."

I can imagine a man eating his own head. I can imagine Star Wars as a documentary. I can imagine Dolly Parton flat chested but Da Nut as just another poster? My imagination is not infinite.
                phsstt!

Comment

I think you're noting that my tally alongside this post reads about 1490, and if you look at a post of mine from a week or a month ago, it also says 1490 alongside it. That's not saying that that post is # whatever, but that 1490 is how many I've posted over the last 2.5 years since I got addicted. With my next post, all those little #s will go to 1491, then 1492 with the next. And so on. Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                    I think you're noting that my tally alongside this post reads about 1490, and if you look at a post of mine from a week or a month ago, it also says 1490 alongside it. That's not saying that that post is # whatever, but that 1490 is how many I've posted over the last 2.5 years since I got addicted. With my next post, all those little #s will go to 1491, then 1492 with the next. And so on. Make sense?
                    Uh, not exactly. My post opening this thread was 278. However, looking back, I had about seven posts, all numbered 275, dating back a week or so. . And other more prolific posters have repeated same number posts on the same and different threads.

Comment

I think you ARE experiencing what DrJay is talking about. All posts by a poster read the same number. If you look at a post from a week ago, it still has today's count on it. The post count only reflects the current number, not the number at the time it was posted.

Comment

You'd better listen, 'cause tafnut is The Man when it comes to quantifying posts.

Comment

Ahh, Soooo!!! I see # 278 became #279 after my last post. Now, all will presumably become # 280.
                          Thank you, gentlemen.

Comment

We need two lists one including those posts of substance and verve and those posts that hold neither.
                            Tom Hyland:
                            "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by wineturtle
                              posts of substance and verve
                              I have well over a HUNDRED of those!

Comment

Working...
                              X