Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where'd bekeselassie go?

He raced through 1500 enjoyable posts in six months then disappeared.

He has issues at present that take precedent over playing in the sandbox.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Bek shall return, mark my words.
      phsstt!

Comment

When we post too much, people say we have 'no life'. I'm sure Bek is distracted right now by his 'real life'.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
          When we post too much, people say we have 'no life'. I'm sure Bek is distracted right now by his 'real life'.
          tafnut -- what is this thing you call 'real life'? I am not familiar with it. Can you advise me on where I might acquire such a thing? And is it the case that we must always protect it with quotation marks? Does anyone have a "real life" that is not encased in quotation marks?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po
            tafnut -- what is this thing you call 'real life'? I am not familiar with it. Can you advise me on where I might acquire such a thing? And is it the case that we must always protect it with quotation marks? Does anyone have a "real life" that is not encased in quotation marks?
            'Real life' is a hypothetical construct theorized by social scientists. It entails such Postulated Concepts as having a

a. Real Job
            b. Real Friends
            c. Real Family
            d. Real Hobbies
            e. Real Communication Skills
            f. Real Emotions
            g. Real Cognitive Skills
            h. Real Social Skills

and so on.

It is, of course, absurd to think that someone with these attributes actually exists, because, as we all know, Virtual Reality, living in the cyber-space of such places as this forum, is the only 'Reality' that exists. I truly feel sorry for anyone who yearns for the hypothetical 'real life', since by definition, it would bring 'real problems' with it. Better to live in the sanctity of THIS world, where nothing can get to you.

Glad to explain it to you, M Po. :-)

Comment

'Real life' is a hypothetical construct theorized by social scientists. It entails such Postulated Concepts as having a

a. Real Job
              b. Real Friends
              c. Real Family
              d. Real Hobbies
              e. Real Communication Skills
              f. Real Emotions
              g. Real Cognitive Skills
              h. Real Social Skills

and so on.

It is, of course, absurd to think that someone with these attributes actually exists, because, as we all know, Virtual Reality, living in the cyber-space of such places as this forum, is the only 'Reality' that exists. I truly feel sorry for anyone who yearns for the hypothetical 'real life', since by definition, it would bring 'real problems' with it. Better to live in the sanctity of THIS world, where nothing can get to you.

Glad to explain it to you, M Po. :-)
              Here is an exact antithesis of the above for your reading pleasure.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50642
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                Here is an exact antithesis of the above for your reading pleasure.http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50642
                If HIS experience is an example of having a so-called 'real life', I don't want to have ANYTHING to do with it.

Comment

I seem to recall that he insinuated, without ever exactly saying so, that he had an "overseas assignment."

Comment

Yes, real life does have a way of interrupting the fun sometimes, not to mention motherboard meltdowns.
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

WE got some cool dude in Sweden sending up pictures from the Euro. Champs. from 1/2 way around the world at the speed of light. This is not "real life" but it certainly in sur-real life!
                      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                        I seem to recall that he insinuated, without ever exactly saying so, that he had an "overseas assignment."
                        I have no problems with that. He is probably working anywhere from 50 to 70 hours a week. Not much time to do anything else, unless the job is sitting in front of a computer.

Comment

He is a pastor, right? Often they work ridiculous hours at certain times of the year.

Comment

tlb747 is the man who had the "overseas assignment". Though I look a lot like him, he is not me and I am not him.

I am not a pastor. But I do play a pretty good self-righteous bible thumper if I may say so.

I am honored at the fact that I was missed Doc. But now you better get posting. I alone am number 24.

Gh, why are you making those groaning sounds?

Comment

Working...
                            X