Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike renfro
    replied
    A kind of funny coincedence, I was back in the bay area over the weekend, had a party to attend, and missed the Monet show at PoLoH. Eldest daughter has a bunch of songs (I think her entire collection, vinyl and CD) on her computer. Horse with no name was one of the songs she played. Still a pretty dumb song (and the comedian cited was right, after that long, give the damn horse a f**king name, even if it's just boy or girl or horse).

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Score one for Moosylvania!

Leave a comment:

• cullman
    replied
    Dewey Bunnell (sp?)...didn't look it up...honest.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    missing guy's initials: DB (not Cooper!)

Leave a comment:

• bambam
    replied
    Ever hear Lewis Black's (comedian) comment on "Horse With No Name," "YOu're in the desert for 40 days with the horse - give him a f...ing name, for [blank's] sake!"

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    They were.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Missing guy (who also sang) is the guy who wrote "Horse With No Name" (clearly his fatehr wasn't a TOE).
    Pretty sure all three were military brats with dads stationed overseas (England?), hence their paean to their homeland.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Missing guy (who also sang) is the guy who wrote "Horse With No Name" (clearly his fatehr wasn't a TOE).

Leave a comment:

• bambam
    replied
    I have no idea who the 3rd one is but those two guys were the lead singers in the group America - "Horse With No Name" etc.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Re: Link These Names, Question 6

Originally posted by gh
    OK, here's a long (59 entries) collection of trivial names that you need to ID. I'll do one at a time. You're looking for the common denominator. But to make it a little tougher, for many of them I'm going to leave out what I consider to be a dead giveaway. To get credit, you also have to fill in the blank(s), if any.

And, sigh, I hate to say this, but this is a classic old guessing game, not a who-can-google-it-fastest exercise. If you don't know, sit and enjoy the unfolding. Please.

Question 6
    Gerry Beckley, [], Dan Peek
    I know who Peek (Florida boy) is so I can guess what the 'subject' is, but no clue on the missing name.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    started a topic Link These Names, Question 6

Link These Names, Question 6

OK, here's a long (59 entries) collection of trivial names that you need to ID. I'll do one at a time. You're looking for the common denominator. But to make it a little tougher, for many of them I'm going to leave out what I consider to be a dead giveaway. To get credit, you also have to fill in the blank(s), if any.

And, sigh, I hate to say this, but this is a classic old guessing game, not a who-can-google-it-fastest exercise. If you don't know, sit and enjoy the unfolding. Please.

Question 6
    Gerry Beckley, [], Dan Peek
Working...
X