Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do your curse out loud in front of strangers?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do your curse out loud in front of strangers?

Jay Peterman's posting made me wonder: how many of you routinely utter obscenities (I know, what is defined as an obscentity to you...) out loud to strangers- meaning not friends or even co-workers?

I vehemently and frequently curse negatively about myself in private, curse at inanimate objects in private (meaning screaming in a closed-window car while driving highway speeds is allowed, but accompanying gestures can not be.)

Even when I am with friends it is extremely rare, and usually in a "bonding", humorous context), and now that I think about it, not with co-workers.

Because I don't do it, it is sensitive, so I prefer you NOT to repeat in print HERE what you actually say- just tell us: do you curse out loud in front of strangers?

I only mutter it under my breath at myself. After 20 years in Uncle Sam's Navy, I'm kinda burned out on cussing. It's WAY over-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
      I only mutter it under my breath at myself. After 20 years in Uncle Sam's Navy, I'm kinda burned out on cussing. It's WAY over-rated.
      Everyone swears if the conditions are right. Lets say Tafnut gets his tickets for the Oly trials, he is all excited like only a track nut can be and walking to the stadium the tickets fall out of his pocket and tumble thru the metal cover over a draining ditch, between the bars, and are gone! What does Tafnut say in front of hundreds of strangers?

A. Gee Golly
      B. Darn it.
      C. What the $%#@#$#@!
      D. Holy muther#$%$#@
      E. Son of a $%^%&*&^%^%!!!
      F. You lousy %%^&*#$%@!!
      G. Sits down a heap and cries
      H. I cant fu%^%$#@ believe the %$%^[email protected]# tickets fell down the $%^%$# grate!
      I. This is not good.
      J. Wheres GH, he owes me a favor!
      K. Why me lord, why?
      L. Well.. it just wasnt meant to be, think ill get myself a sprite.

Or think of your own reply. Whoever thinks of the best one wins!!
      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
        K. Why me lord, why?
        M. Squackee is gonna pay for THIS!

Comment

tafnut, in pure Fred Sanford style, puts his hands over his heart and skrieks: "Oh, this is the biggest one I ever lost. You hear that Elizabeth? I:m coming to join you honey." Then he gets knocked out by his wife, who stands over him with contempt in her eye. "Watch it, sucka!" she:ll reply.

Comment

I do. Some person was looking at me weirdly when half way through a long run, the stopwatch stopped so I said in faily loud decibals, "work you fucking thing."
            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
              tafnut, in pure Fred Sanford style, puts his hands over his heart and skrieks: "Oh, this is the biggest one I ever lost. You hear that Elizabeth? I:m coming to join you honey." Then he gets knocked out by his wife, who stands over him with contempt in her eye. "Watch it, sucka!" she:ll reply.
              Love it Epelle! Your winning so far.
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                I do. Some person was looking at me weirdly when half way through a long run, the stopwatch stopped so I said in faily loud decibals, "work you fucking thing."
                My wife says that to me every weekend.
                phsstt!

Comment

In 7th grade I had some teeth pulled and I'm lying on the couch in the dentist's little recovery room, just starting to wake up from the anesthetic but still out of it, and my parents are shaking me a bit and probably saying, "Young DrJay, wake up....are you OK?" and, so I heard later that day, I told them to "f**k off". Don't remember it at all.

Comment

K. Why me lord, why?
                    M. Squackee is gonna pay for THIS!
                    What did i do? You are aware that you have to get thru my henchmen ( Large ex-shotputters who eat nothin but milk duds) to get to me. If you do get to me you will witness the "Squackee Windmill". Thats were i swing both arms around and around as fast as i can and create a offensive display that usually results in my foe running for his mommy.
                    phsstt!

Comment

Re: Do your curse out loud in front of strangers?

Originally posted by hammer forever
                      Because I don't do it, it is sensitive, so I prefer you NOT to repeat in print HERE what you actually say- just tell us: do you curse out loud in front of strangers?
                      Just reiterating the thread originator's instructions...since a few people have dropped the "F" bomb in their responses. I think others will still get the idea with a simple "F*#K". BTW, not prone to cursing -- don't even like like to repeat it when describing something I've heard or a previous conversation. I will normally say "That guy said to 'F' off", " or "He told me I was out of my 'F'ing' mind"

Comment

What did i do? . . . . If you do get to me you will witness the "Squackee Windmill". Thats were i swing both arms around and around as fast as i can and create a offensive display that usually results in my foe running for his mommy.
                        Cuz you jinxed me! Now I WILL lose them and it will be YOUR fault. But that windmill thing does sound kinda scary . . . or pathetic!

My new favorite 'cuss' phrase is BITE ME, cuz no one is quite sure exactly what that means, but it does sound bad. When my dad REALLY got mad, he'd yell. "Judas Priest!" I'm not sure what that meant, but it usually did mean that I was in trouble . . . again.

Comment

What did i do? . . . . If you do get to me you will witness the "Squackee Windmill". Thats were i swing both arms around and around as fast as i can and create a offensive display that usually results in my foe running for his mommy.
                          Cuz you jinxed me! Now I WILL lose them and it will be YOUR fault. But that windmill thing does sound kinda scary . . . or pathetic!

My new favorite 'cuss' phrase is BITE ME, cuz no one is quite sure exactly what that means, but it does sound bad. When my dad REALLY got mad, he'd yell. "Judas Priest!" I'm not sure what that meant, but it usually did mean that I was in trouble . . . again.
                          I prefer, " suckee, suckee blow fish!" Sounds bad also and may i could incorporate "bite me" into ," BITE MY SUCKEE,SUCKEE BLOWFISH SON!"

Anyhows- i suggested losing your tickets so now you never will. It will be all your thinking about, well besides a certain female polevaulter.

Now, where are we sitting coach?
                          phsstt!

Comment

I've been a semi-regular potty mouth all my life, but I do know when and where it is inappropriate and act accordingly, rarely slipping up. Just about the only time I was super-conscious of such language was when I watched Pulp Fiction with my mom. Must have seen that movie 100 times before, but never noticed how many F bombs and other bombs were in it until sitting there with dear old mom.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me(and I'll bet MJD too) how many of these threads quickly become tafnut love-ins or ripfests.

As for the question at hand, I rarely let fly unless I REALLY mean it and need the emotional release. Sometimes there's only certain words that make people realize you're either really pissed off or really disappointed. Batons hitting the ground and hamstring pulls are two notable examples.

Won't even get into what I WANTED to say one time when one of my relays MISSED THE START of a race. One of those "tell them I'm coming, and hell's coming with me" moments.
                              There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
                              X