Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do your curse out loud in front of strangers?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 20 years in the military and 50 years in the oil patch, (don't worry about the math) I think I have heard every possible obscenity. I am pretty well inured to being shocked language but I have never been comfortable uttering profanity or obscenities.
    I am certainly not a saint but I do not "curse" outloud in front of friend or foe. I admit that in particularly vexing circumstances the words may rumble around in my brain but I try to keep them there.

Comment

>It never ceases to amaze me(and I'll bet MJD too) how many of these threads quickly become tafnut love-ins or ripfests. <

If you were not enjoying the "goin-on's" i truely feel bad. I was having fun and maybe was a bit self -obsorbed. But he is da Nut-right.

No he is not the Nut you idiot, so he posts every second, does that mean you cant ignore him? He doesnt have a life.

But isnt he married with children and a teacher and a coach and still competing at 55?

To be continued.........
      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
        But isnt he married with children and a teacher and a coach and still competing at 55?
        Maybe some of his posting is done by franchise holders. He licenses his handle and password to other members of his organization. They are trained in the prescribed method of doing things, and they cover the Board in shifts.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
          Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          Maybe some of his posting is done by franchise holders. He licenses his handle and password to other members of his organization. They are trained in the prescribed method of doing things, and they cover the Board in shifts.
          The ONLY possible explanation.
          phsstt!

Comment

I try very hard not to, and succeed farily well. I do curse to myself though, especially concerning idiot drivers. I feel uncomfotable when quoting something said to me even, except for the guy who responed quite loudly to my pointing out that the trash can was right next to him when his tossed his butt into the grass "YOU F--KING ---hole! SHUT THE F--K UP!" I laugh and wave when I pass him now.
            The strongest language I ever heard my dad utter (after WWII, including climbing the cliffs at Normandy, and 40 years in the steel mill) was "Ahh, berries!" Never could figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
              I am currently offering a franchise buy-in (this month only!) at $995.00. Prospective franchise-holders must submit a writing sample and certificate of no-lifeability. In order to keep the quantity (there was NEVER any question of Quality!) of posts at an acceptable rate, I'll be needing five new posters in the next two weeks. Must be liberal, thick-skinned, and available 24/7. Intelligence and wit not necessary. Must be able to deal with the constant cloying admiration and affection of the board moderators. Serious prospects only.

Comment

Rarely. But on monday while walking our dog, I did call a guy in my neighborhood a "white trash motherf*cker who needed to take his @ss back to the trailer park" for not having his jack russell terrier on a leash and it was snapping at my pregnant wife & dog.

My wife on the other hand talks like a sailor in a strip club. We have a bet on which obscenity will be our daughter's first word.

Comment

Working...
                X