Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Mentioned on Air America Radio

This morning on the Rachel Maddow Show, they did a short bit contrasting the announcement of Marion's positive "A" test with MLF's reinstatement to the UK team. They specifically stated that his positive was for marijuana, and cast doubts on its potential as a performance enhancer. The last statement was:

"He pointed out that the day after his positive test he completed the 100 meters in 1 hour and 26 minutes. But he di have SUCH a good time!"

Re: Track Mentioned on Air America Radio

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
    They specifically stated that his positive was for marijuana, and cast doubts on its potential as a performance enhancer.
    The problem with weed for athletes is all the weight gain from having to consume so much beer and Doritos after the munchies hit.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
      They specifically stated that his positive was for marijuana, and cast doubts on its potential as a performance enhancer.
      The problem with weed for athletes is all the weight gain from having to consume so much beer and Doritos after the munchies hit.
      Ahh, but the beer helps produce testosterone!

Comment

In my misspent youth I was known to occasionally take training runs (six-ten miles) while on the evil weed. It was . . . interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          In my misspent youth I was known to occasionally take training runs (six-ten miles) while on the evil weed. It was . . . interesting.
          If your having a good run on pot its a really good run. If your having a bad run forgetaboutit. And it has to be really good pot. One or 2 hit pot-see Maui Zowie.
          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
            If your having a good run on pot its a really good run. If your having a bad run forgetaboutit.
            You are correct - results were inconsistent.

Comment

I ran a 15-mile LSD run (long slow distance) hung over, once. Had to stop and toss my cookies at the 4-mile mark. Interestingly, I think the effort must have brought some of the alcohol from my storage deposits back into the bloodstream, as I began to get a bit tipsy mid-run.

Actually, the image of a sprint race with everyone buzzed reminds me of the Monty Pytho sketch about the Village Idiots' competition. When the gun went off for the 100m dash, each entrant took off.........in different directions.

Comment

I ran a 15-mile LSD run (long slow distance) hung over, once. Had to stop and toss my cookies at the 4-mile mark. Interestingly, I think the effort must have brought some of the alcohol from my storage deposits back into the bloodstream, as I began to get a bit tipsy mid-run.

Actually, the image of a sprint race with everyone buzzed reminds me of the Monty Pytho sketch about the Village Idiots' competition. When the gun went off for the 100m dash, each entrant took off.........in different directions.
                Did at least 20 miles every Sunday in the day no matter how much sleep I had had the night before, what I had been doing the night before or whether I had raced the day before or not. Ventured out on a 23 miler starting at 6:45am on a hot Sunday morning the day after a reasonably good 10km race. Trouble was that it was a hometown race and the post race party went from noon to about 1am. I'm sure I would have been legally impaired when I started. Sailed through the first 10 miles in about 65 minutes with a couple of guys(although I do remember that keeping my balance was tough) and then hooked up with some more guys for the last 13. Reality set in about 17 miles and I was reduced to walking for about the only time in my life a few times in the last few miles. I literally thought I was going to die and that I had done some serious damage to myself. Couple of guys waited for me at the school where we finished to make sure I was ok(one guy offered to stay with me when I started to walk but I told him to let me die in peace) and got a big laugh out of the fact that I was hurling my cookies right in front of a school bus full of kids on their way out of town for some school trip.

Comment

On another day in my misspent youth I discovered that a nice six mile run cured a terrible hangover. Normally in such a condition running was the last thing I would have wanted to do, but I had made arrangements to meet a friend at the run about 30 miles away, and did not have a way to contact him, so forced myself to show up.

Comment

Ran in Golden Gate Park on mushrooms. That was fun! I remember seeing a Shell gas station and that orange color Shell use's was quite vivid.
                    phsstt!

Comment

This morning on the Rachel Maddow Show, they did a short bit contrasting the announcement of Marion's positive "A" test with MLF's reinstatement to the UK team. They specifically stated that his positive was for marijuana, and cast doubts on its potential as a performance enhancer. The last statement was:

"He pointed out that the day after his positive test he completed the 100 meters in 1 hour and 26 minutes. But he di have SUCH a good time!"
                      Interesting.

I was unaware that Air America had any actual listeners.

I guess it's no surprise that the content was infused with drug references.

Comment

I ran a 15-mile LSD run
                        That would be a great beginning for a TwitDeb story!

Comment

Originally posted by Zat0pek
                          Interesting.

If you listen to other talk show outlets you might well feel that way. Especially in light of one very prominent hillbilly heroin addict on the other side of the dial who has worked hard to avoid legal responsibility for his own drug abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by madsci
                            Originally posted by Zat0pek
                            Interesting.

If you listen to other talk show outlets you might well feel that way. Especially in light of one very prominent hillbilly heroin addict on the other side of the dial who has worked hard to avoid legal responsibility for his own drug abuse.
                            First, note the use of the smiley.

Second, my swipe at Air America is based on its disasterous financial situation and well-publicized problems attracting and maintaining sufficient listeners to be a viable, profitable commerical enterprise.

But I can certainly understand why Air America listeners would be so defensive.

Comment

I thought Air America was a Mel Gibson movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X