• Show
Clear All

• MJD
    replied
    Bankrupt.

Leave a comment:

• Zat0pek
    replied
    The bankruptcy may or may not happen, but is the Chicago Tribune a reliable enough source (as opposed to an "internet fallacy") regarding their disasterous financial situation?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... tfront-hed

Leave a comment:

• Zat0pek
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary
    Originally posted by Zat0pek
    Looks like their financial woes were even worse than I described. Now filing for bankruptcy and laying off employees without any severence.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/13/air ... bankruptcy
    Turn on the radio and find out that this is another internet fallacy.
    Nobody said they were going off the air. . .yet

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Looks like their financial woes were even worse than I described. Now filing for bankruptcy and laying off employees without any severence.

Turn on the radio and find out that this is another internet fallacy.

Leave a comment:

• Zat0pek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• madsci
    replied
    "disasterous financial situation"... "all but 5 listeners."

Evidence for why "Turd Blossom" once said, "As people do better, they start voting like Republicans - unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing"? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Richardson
    replied
    Okay, so America America listeners are an "elite" group (meaning that they are a small number of the general population). :-)

I have to say, though, that they do have talking heads who are more accomodating of differing viewpoints than you typically find on the conservative shows. The last couple of days, Rachel Maddow aired an interview she had with Pat Buchanan that was unique in that their vastlly distinct sides were discussed without shouting or using words like "twisted", "sick", or "fascist".

I have to confess that I still try to catch Rush on occasion, just to make sure that my equilibrium does not permanently shift.....

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    Interesting.

I was unaware that Air America had any actual listeners.

I guess it's no surprise that the content was infused with drug references.

Last edited by Zat0pek on 22 Aug 2006 09:19; edited 1 time in total////

i thought they had all but 5 listeners, maybe all are on this board !

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied
    I thought Air America was a Mel Gibson movie.

Leave a comment:

• Zat0pek
    replied
    Re: Track Mentioned on Air America Radio

Originally posted by madsci
    Interesting.

If you listen to other talk show outlets you might well feel that way. Especially in light of one very prominent hillbilly heroin addict on the other side of the dial who has worked hard to avoid legal responsibility for his own drug abuse.
    First, note the use of the smiley.

Second, my swipe at Air America is based on its disasterous financial situation and well-publicized problems attracting and maintaining sufficient listeners to be a viable, profitable commerical enterprise.

But I can certainly understand why Air America listeners would be so defensive.

Leave a comment:

• madsci
    replied

Interesting.

If you listen to other talk show outlets you might well feel that way. Especially in light of one very prominent hillbilly heroin addict on the other side of the dial who has worked hard to avoid legal responsibility for his own drug abuse.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
    I ran a 15-mile LSD run
    That would be a great beginning for a TwitDeb story!

Leave a comment:

• Zat0pek
    replied

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
    This morning on the Rachel Maddow Show, they did a short bit contrasting the announcement of Marion's positive "A" test with MLF's reinstatement to the UK team. They specifically stated that his positive was for marijuana, and cast doubts on its potential as a performance enhancer. The last statement was:

"He pointed out that the day after his positive test he completed the 100 meters in 1 hour and 26 minutes. But he di have SUCH a good time!"
    Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Ran in Golden Gate Park on mushrooms. That was fun! I remember seeing a Shell gas station and that orange color Shell use's was quite vivid.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    On another day in my misspent youth I discovered that a nice six mile run cured a terrible hangover. Normally in such a condition running was the last thing I would have wanted to do, but I had made arrangements to meet a friend at the run about 30 miles away, and did not have a way to contact him, so forced myself to show up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X