Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJD
    Looks like we were all banned for 12 hours anyway. Funny.
    Man, Ben takes one little plane ride...

Comment

Originally posted by guru
      Tafnut banned? Has the world gone topsy-turvy?
      Understandable based on their ongoing issues but zatopek? I could be wrong but I don't think he has ever inched even close to the line before. A law dude, a knowledgeable guy and a good poster. Be interested to hear his reaction once he gets back on. JMHO, banning him was a tad of an overreaction. And his point was a valid one.

Comment

Zatopek is clearly one of the most knowledgeable and intelligent posters here. His "offending" post reflected his concern for the soul of the sport. I don't happen to share all his views on the matter, but I respect them tremendously. Sooner or later, everyone will have to come up with very good answers to the questions he raises.

Comment

gh, you:re quick with the trigger finger there.

Why are you so completely silent on a plague which has apparently been killing this sport for 4-5 decades? Or, perhaps the answer lies in the question.

So two guys got under your skin. And? You:re the big guy, no?

You lament over the fact that newbies are scared off, yet you, the guy at T&F Central, flex your muscles on the wrong issues - over lame, inconsequental posts - though the meat of the statements being made by tafnut and Zat0pek were right on the money concerning the current state of affairs. It was you, gh, who "caused" a new poster to have a conviction to drop his subscription here. Yeah, it:s a free world, and people can do whatever they choose. This is your playground, and if people don:t like the way things are run, well (insert tape recorded message here). Would you not take this person:s feelings and point of view seriously?

Have you ever kicked your dog after warning it to stop barking for the night - a night when storms were overhead, the ground was shaking and a new episode of Gomer Pyle episode was on that you:d been dying to see?

Don:t answer that, it:s a rhetorical one.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
            Originally posted by Brian
            This is the bane of message boards: those with little or no lives take up permanent residence.

Nice speech-list them.
            >>go back and look.

Illiterate? Lazy? Both?

Do your own homework.

Comment

Illiterate? Lazy? Both?
              Neither. You made an accusation. Back it up. I know a little about about some of the posters who post here a fair bit and your accusation is laughable. As I keep saying, anyone who thinks posting here a few times a day is some kind of time management major feat needs a little lesson in same.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                Illiterate? Lazy? Both?
                Neither. You made an accusation. Back it up. I know a little about about some of the posters who post here a fair bit and your accusation is laughable. As I keep saying, anyone who thinks posting here a few times a day is some kind of time management major feat needs a little lesson in same.

>>go back and look.

Keep reading until it sinks in.

I notice you answered back pretty quickly--nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon?

Comment

If you only knew. Was this comment some kind of free associating:

"This is the bane of message boards: those with little or no lives take up permanent residence."

List who you think they are.

Comment

This is the bane of message boards: those with little or no lives take up permanent residence.

Just a snapshot.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/whiteknight085

I think I do ok in the Life department.

So do the other "regulars". I'd say MJD does more before 6:00 AM than you do all day Brian.
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                      Illiterate? Lazy? Both?

>>go back and look.

Keep reading until it sinks in.

I notice you answered back pretty quickly--nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon?
                      Oh, the irony! MJD answered back in 6 minutes, and gets slammed by this guy 5 minutes later for having nothing better to do! He-ha!

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                        I think I do ok in the Life department. So do the other "regulars".
                        Especially tafnut who likely contributes more to this sport than you ever will Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                          If you only knew. Was this comment some kind of free associating:

"This is the bane of message boards: those with little or no lives take up permanent residence."

List who you think they are.

>>go back and look.

Maybe guru can explain this to you.

Have a nice Sunday.

Comment

Nothing happening here-move along.

Comment

This is the bane of message boards: those with little or no lives take up permanent residence. [And thus begin to believe a board is "theirs" so they can say whatever they like, no matter how disrespectful or impolite.]
                              Gotta get your facts straight. This statement is laughable when applied to this message board.

Take a look at the top posters. Outside of me, gh and eldrick, they are the most polite and respectful bunch of folks you could find online. And I am familiar with the lives of most of them - they are not only full, but most are giving a tremendous amount back to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by TrakFan
                                Did I miss something??? There was one simple request/stipulation in place for today. Was the request that difficult/heart-breaking/earth-shattering? Apparently it was for some. [/i]

These "some" are the same five or six people who HAVE to respond IMMEDIATELY to anything written, even if they write they have nothing to say on the subject. They've been doing this for a while on this website; go back and look.

This is the bane of message boards: those with little or no lives take up permanent residence. [And thus begin to believe a board is "theirs" so they can say whatever they like, no matter how disrespectful or impolite. Happens everywhere.]

>>Gotta get your facts straight. This statement is laughable when applied to this message board.

Take a look at the top posters. Outside of me, gh and eldrick, they are the most polite and respectful bunch of folks you could find online. And I am familiar with the lives of most of them - they are not only full, but most are giving a tremendous amount back to the sport.<<quote; bad hammy

Spell it out:

Familiarity breeds contempt. There are certain people on every website message board who spend an inordinate amount of time writing in to almost every post to say something, even if they really don't have much to say at times. These people do this because they begin to feel a sense of ownership of the board itself, which is of course, not true; they don't own the board, they are guests like everyone else, gh an exception.

Sooner or later this false sense of ownership inspires some of these members to completely forget their manners as guests and overstep their bounds. [I've lost it myslf, but when arguing a specific point, which is not the same. Nonetheless, I usually try to apologize.]

The more you write in--sometimes about nothing, just to get a comment in on "your board"--the greater the chance of losing perspective that T&FN, and ONLY T&FN owns the board and guests cannot simply say or do anything they like. [Which was definitely the case on this thread.]

Is that so hard to understand? According to letsrun, the top poster has well over 1,000 posts to this site. That same poster--famous for being one of the "first responders"--just got banned. Coincidence?

That's my point.

Now it's time for MJD--second highest according to letsrun; struck a nerve, did I?--or someone else to write in taking issue with me on a sidetrack of what is an "inordinate amount of time."

Comment

Working...
                                X