Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    The original note said "enjoy a long weekend." Zat and I exchanged e-mail yesterday and he was reinstated last night. Tafnut, as noted in the Dragila thread, was reinstated with the posting of that topic.
    It's all good.

Comment

Glad to have ya back Zat!
      phsstt!

Comment

I was thinking about tafnut while in bed last night...and that probably sounds weird. Belive me, I was a little bit scared.

No it's not what you're thinking ("Not that there's anything wrong with that!"). But it was a sure sign I probably need to spend less time reading message boards and more time trying to sleep.

I don't necessarily buy into the dismissive, holier-than-thou attidude some on the TFN board espouse when it comes to how disagreements are hashed out or topics are discussed here as compared to on letsrun.
        Seems to me folks here are generally slightly more subtle at slinging slights and insults at eachother, perhaps owing to a more mature demographic. But when claws are out, TFN board trolls and regulars are equally adept at drawing blood as their letsrun counterparts.

That said, the pretty savage raking tafnut took the last couple of days on both boards — but especially over there — just pissed me off.

Now I'll be among the first to admit this guy's post total astonishes me. And it's almost impossible not to notice how frequently he chimes in on conversations here, and how he politely welcomes almost every newcomer onto the board with maybe a bit of gentle direction in the "TFN Message Board Way."

But man, tafnut is one of the good guys.
        Any fan of the sport should get this.
        I don't know him at all except through this board, but here is what I get: He's a first-rate fan, a still-active competitor, a coach and an educator, humble, generally open-minded and seemingly always sincere.
        These seem like things anybody invloved with the sport should aspire to, no matter what message board we spend way too much time on.

This is starting to sound like a eulogy, so I'll quit soon.

When I got up this morning I was going to post it on letsrun, at the risk of bumping up what was a pretty ugly thread, but I was pleasently surprised not to find it on the first couple of pages. And those slow-ass dickwads probably would've told me to go screw myself anyway.
        And this does seem to be tafnut's track and field home. It might be hard to realize in the internet world, but the track and field community is a small one, and we should be more respectful and protective of our own.

(I had intended this post for the 'hijacked" Dragila comeback thread, but it seems to have vanished. It still seems appropriate here)

Comment

Tafny and saved in case this thread goes too.

Comment

Jug- Nice post - I agree with you.

Comment

I killed the other thread with my super toxic kindness gas.

Comment

No, it was killed by nastiness in the middle of the thread that I finally got around to reading.

Comment

Jug,

Great post! Drop by and chat more often . . .

bh

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                    Jug,

Great post! Drop by and chat more often . . .

bh
                    I agree totally (just got around to finding the time to drop by again).

As far as some of the comments farther up are concerned: the "regulars" here are--as far as I can tell--among the most knowledgeable and generous folks you're going to find in cyberspace...with tafnut at the head of the pack. The "criticism" of him here & elsewhere tells everything about the "critics" (none of it good) but next to nothing about the Nut.

Comment

Great post Jug.Your either really old or wise beyond your years. Welcome to this little party. I would love to be honored with more of your posts in the future. There are an amazing amount of smart, knowledgeable, kind and funny people here.
                      phsstt!

Comment

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Wonderful post that nicely says it all.

Comment

To paraphrase Brandon de Wilde in " Shane" :

Tafnut !!!!!... . Come Baaaaack ! Tafnut !!!!.................. Come Baaaack !....

Comment

I'd vote that for Post of the Year.

Comment

I guess in our own way we're all a little Nuts.

Comment

I second, third and fourth the kudos above regarding your post and its sentiments, Jug.

Welcome.

Beer's in the frig. Help yourself, and pull up a chair.

Comment

Working...
                                X