Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Valley Days Hosts
    Stanley Andrews from 1952-65 (as The Old Ranger)
    Ronald Reagan 1965-1966
    Robert Taylor 1966-1968
    Dale Robertson 1968-1972
    John Payne 1972-1975
    Merle Haggard 1975

Comment

Seeing Robertson and Payne sequential here gives rise to the memory that a point in the '50s (before we even had a TV!), they had back-to-back shows. I think Monday night, probably between 8 and 9.

Can anybody name those shows?

Comment

Robinson did Wells Fargo Tales or close to that title in the mid-late 50's

Truth is John Payne stirs nothing.

Was William Schallert( usually played the Dad {to Patty Duke and many others} during the 60-70's) ever a host on DVDays?
        Tom Hyland:
        "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Seeing Robertson and Payne sequential here gives rise to the memory that a point in the '50s (before we even had a TV!), they had back-to-back shows. I think Monday night, probably between 8 and 9.

Can anybody name those shows?
          Had to ask my sister about this one but she says that John Payne (Miracle On 34th Street) was in The Restless Gun at 8:00 and Dale Robertson was in Wells Fargo at 8:30. Dale Robertson was in The Iron Horse and I think that John Payne was the The Name Of The Game which starred Gene Barry in 1968.

Comment

Yikes! Somebody else who remembers TV time slots from almost 50 years ago. Yes, Tales of Wells Fargo (Jim Hardie) and The Restless Gun (Vint Bonner). What network? :-)

Comment

It was on good old NBC.

Comment

Dang! You're good!

Comment

Working...
                X