Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longhorns legal legacy

We worry a lot here about the state of our sport. Other sports don't seem to have the same level of concern. U. of Texas' starting cornerback was arrested last night for marijuana possession and carrying a loaded handgun... here's the reaction of UT's defensive coach:

"Defensive co-coordinator Gene Chizik said the team remains "very focused."

'One thing that's awesome about the University of Texas, you have opportunities to have great depth,' Chizik said."

Basically, there is no problem because we have other guys who can play and they haven't been arrested yet. Shameful...

The marijuana doesn't bother me at all, and I thought it was the law in Texas that you had to carry a loaded handgun . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
      The marijuana doesn't bother me at all, and I thought it was the law in Texas that you had to carry a loaded handgun . . .
      Just like we think you folks in the Bay Area have to carry.... awww, never mind.

Marijuana IS still illegal, but I guess it is OK to only follow the laws you agree with, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by gm
        Marijuana IS still illegal, but I guess it is OK to only follow the laws you agree with, huh?
        I follow the letter of the law on this one. I just do not agree with it.

Comment

And you might be surprised what I think of the laws, too.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
            bh, I think you are confusing that with the Texas law whereby you are required to have an open long neck in order to operate a motor vehicle.

Comment

[quote=mike renfro]
              Originally posted by "bad hammy":3n4v99oj
              bh, I think you are confusing that with the Texas law whereby you are required to have an open long neck in order to operate a motor vehicle.[/quote:3n4v99oj]
              Nope - two laws, same state.

Comment

Working...
              X