Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wineturtle,

Agreed. Real pizza and Chicago-style deep dish pizza are two totally different things. But in the end, both are good . . .

Comment

Originally posted by wineturtle
      I would list Domino's or Pappa Johns under pizza before I'd put deep dish ...it's another whole thing .......closer to Calzone , "Hippy Rolls" or Stromboli in my mind.
      What a "pizza-ist" comment! Can't we all just get along...

Comment

well if the chicago style pizza is on one end of the spectrum and I agree with wineturtle that it is, then on the other end is the italian bakers square "sause only" pizza.. in the northeast you can buy these very large squares of sause only pizza (well mybe just a sprinkling of a high quality parmesian or romano) .. the sause is a very fresca like sause and the crust is a very high gluten crust, near tough to tear like the best sour dough .... well that is my favorite pizza...

close second goes to the papa john's/dominos/papa gino variants that mimic that old high glutin double raised dough of the italian baker.
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Working...
        X