Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time you ate poutine?

Jumping on the bandwagon here...

For me: about 3 hours ago, at Barney's Ltd. in Pasadena (although no one knows what it is here). They add a heaping dose of sour cream -- something I love even as a poutine connoisseur, and have dubbed "California poutine".
    Tonight!
    0%
    Within the past 5 days
    0%
    Within the past month
    0%
    Are you kidding? I value my heart!
    0%
    What the $%^ is poutine?
    0%

Edmonton,last October

Comment

I'd never heard of Poutine until this thread (had to look it up). And to honest, I though the originator was being crass when I first saw the topic ;-)

If I did eat a poutine, I'd have to eat salads for the next 2 days to counter-balance its negative effects. But it sounds yummy.

Comment

I hope to, on my death bed, be able to say as I can now ... never!
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

WHAT IS IT!
          phsstt!

Comment

It is purely coincidental that the name of the current President of Russia is written and pronounced "Vladimir Poutine" in French. The ordinary anglicized spelling, Putin, translates in French to "prostitute."

from Wikipedia

Comment

Poutine 101

I enjoyed my visit here>>
              http://www.thumper.net/tlkmag/archive/fun/poutine/

Trendoid Faux Greasyspoons in NYC have added many browngraveycheese frenchfries variants to the menu in the past few years.
              On the way home from a late night hydration therapy session, my Greek Diner Hot Turkey Sandwich was as much about the gravy /fries combo as it was the turkey/gravy combo.
              Tom Hyland:
              "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                WHAT IS IT!
                Everything you wanted to know about Poutine! Link

"It's Quebec's gastronomic contribution to Canadian cuisine: poutine. The holy trinity of fries, gravy and cheese curds has come to represent fast food at its finest or, as some may argue, at its worst. Poutine may not look appetizing, in fact Quebec pop star Mitsou tells CBC's Steve Langford that it looks like 'the stuff we've got in our nose,' but Quebecers love the gooey mess. Even McDonald's serves poutine."

cman

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                  WHAT IS IT!

Mmmmmmmmmmm!!

Comment

Re: Poutine 101

Originally posted by wineturtle
                    Trendoid Faux Greasyspoons in NYC have added many browngraveycheese frenchfries variants to the menu in the past few years.
                    My neighbor who grew up in Queens said that they served something in NYC called "disco fries", which bore a striking resemblance to poutine.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                      WHAT IS IT!
                      That's easy - it's NASTY!!

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                        Mmmmmmmmmmm!!
                        no wonder you spend significant chunks of your spare time arguing with your doc about your >> 25 bmi !

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                          Originally posted by JRM
                          Mmmmmmmmmmm!!
                          no wonder you spend significant chunks of your spare time arguing with your doc about your >> 25 bmi !
                          I didn't say I ate it all the time! It's a rare indulgence. Also, my BMI is about 22 or so, but thanks for the defamation of character...

Comment

I too, had not heard of it until this thread. And I a bit of a foodie. If the picture is representative, I'll check it out. Be still my heart. I'll let you off the hook with salads.

Comment

"Be still my heart."

Careful. After a bucket of this stuff, the poor heart may not want to re-start.

Comment

Working...
                              X