Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonewolf
    You may be right Squak, it may be as simple as hell and handbasket are just alliterative and sound right together.. so I will simplify my question.. We all have our perception, or not, of Hell but what the "heck"is a "handbasket"?
    I think it is a woven wooden basket with a half circle handle which is carried by that handle. Or im talking out of my ass again and there is doubt what that phrase means.
    phsstt!

Comment

I could be as simple as that, Squak, that was kinda my assumption.. which brings up the next question:
      Does that mean you are in a handbasket being transported to Hell
      or
      Hell is in a handbasket to which you are going.

Comment

I could be as simple as that, Squak, that was kinda my assumption.. which brings up the next question:
        or
        Neither - it simply means that you are SNAFU/FUBAR and you better BOHICA cuz the HMFIC is one RCH away from kicking your six.
        (who sez you don't learn anything useful in the Navy?)
        :-)

Comment

or
          To me its always been riding in a handbasket, down, down, down thru rock layers until you arrive in Satan's suite. And then Satan says to me, " Welcome Squack, you should have been nicer to Garry Hill!"
          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
            I'll put my students' world-consciousness against any previous generation. The internet has made them FAR MORE sophisticated, open-minded, tolerant and caring than ANY OTHER generation on the planet. . . .
            To me it seems that it is this "carrying the world on their shoulders" that is haunting the youth of today; tearing them apart. Being self-centered and xenophobic at a certain age seems to be part of a needed growth process, which, if not artificially staggered, will eventually lead to higher development. There is a need for a balance between the one and the other, not unlike how a monk may shut himself up in his noiseless chamber for a while, only to get up, open the chamber-door and step out into a busy, brawling street in the middle of a city, ready for the challenges that may present itself.

What we observe today in our youth is a constant and desperate shift from one side to the other and never can these two sides be brought into harmony (such harmony as can be expected from people that are not yet fully matured).

Comment

Originally posted by Thor
              Being self-centered and xenophobic at a certain age seems to be part of a needed growth process, which, if not artificially staggered, will eventually lead to higher development.
              Wow - if I understood what you said here, I'd be one sharp cookie!

I'm thinking that the opposite of self-centered and xenophobic is altruistic and tolerant. Since I am overtly teaching the latter qualities, my kids are bound to turn out psychologically deformed!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                I'll put my students' world-consciousness against any previous generation. The internet has made them FAR MORE sophisticated, open-minded, tolerant and caring than ANY OTHER generation on the planet. . . .
                To me it seems that it is this "carrying the world on their shoulders" that is haunting the youth of today; tearing them apart. Being self-centered and xenophobic at a certain age seems to be part of a needed growth process, which, if not artificially staggered, will eventually lead to higher development. There is a need for a balance between the one and the other, not unlike how a monk may shut himself up in his noiseless chamber for a while, only to get up, open the chamber-door and step out into a busy, brawling street in the middle of a city, ready for the challenges that may present itself.

What we observe today in our youth is a constant and desperate shift from one side to the other and never can these two sides be brought into harmony (such harmony as can be expected from people that are not yet fully matured).
                Could you put this in SQUAKESE for me?

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                  To me its always been riding in a handbasket, down, down, down thru rock layers until you arrive in Satan's suite. And then Satan says to me, " Welcome Squack, you should have been nicer to Garry Hill!"
                  That hand basket better be woven of asbestos.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    That hand basket better be woven of asbestos.
                    No need, unless there is a phrase "Coming from hell in a handbasket"

Comment

To me it seems that it is this "carrying the world on their shoulders" that is haunting the youth of today
                      Hey, Thor, have you been hanging around with Atlas? :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X