Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link These Names, Question 40

I'm gonna cheat a bit on this one, to forestall the inevitable.

[] Braddock, [] Jones, [], []

Cheat = the names aren't quite as presented properly

dunno, but I see 14,000!

Comment

General Edward Braddock, Admiral John Paul Jones. People who fought on the same side as George Washington (different wars with these two). Of course, that leaves a lot of options for those last two unknowns.

Comment

Boxers?

Comment

not boxers or military... and you need to see through my cheating

Comment

Does it have something to do with Country and Western music?

Comment

It does not

Comment

First guess was that Jones was deceptive name. Scraped through the memory banks and remembered that actor Mickey Braddock played the juvenile lead in a movie titled Circus Boy. I've still got the comic book with the photo cover and the kid looks familiar. Hmmmm....

cman

Comment

OK, I got it, I got it!!!

Here it is: Sandy McPeak, Bubba Smith, Dick Butkus, and Dana Carvey, stars of the short-lived 1984 TV series Blue Thunder.

Your cheats: You replaced Smith with Jones (Alias Smith and Jones), and Sandy McPeak played Braddock.

Seriously, I figured out the Smith for Jones ploy (based on cman's comment above) and went surfing, and came up with the following:

Blue Thunder - (tv series; Columbia Television 1984, 11 30m episodes) D: Earl Bellamy, Phil Bondelli. Dick Butkus = "Ski" Butowski, Dana Carvey = "Jafo" Wonderlove, James Farentino = Frank Chaney, Sandy McPeak = Captain Braddock, Bubba Smith = "Bubba" Kelsey. An advanced prototype police helicopter and their ground-support crew battle crime, a weak spin-off from film of same name. Flight sequences by Steve Hinton.

Jafo Wonderlove???

Comment

"weak spin-off": great pun in writing about a helicoptor show, or just a coincidence?

At any rate, no, it's not Smith for Jones (nor is it that "logical"; although it's more true real life)

Comment

I know the answer but thought I'd stretch this one out. Preesenting...Mickey Braddock.

cman

Comment

Oh . . . well, I'll be a Monkee's uncle!

Comment

Check out the Benzedrine Monk's version of the Monkee's Theme Song: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... e9t7q79~T3

Comment

So how did Mickey Braddock become Micky Dolenz? (yes, both names changed)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              So how did Mickey Braddock become Micky Dolenz? (yes, both names changed)
                              His IMDb bio says his full name is "George Michael Dolenz Jr." and the bio on MickyDolenz.com says...
                              Micky was born in Los Angeles on March 8, 1945. His dad, George, had starred in a number of films and in the mid 1950s in the television series "The Count of Monte Cristo." Micky first established himself as a performer at age 10 when, under the stage name of Micky Braddock, he starred in his first TV series, "Circus Boy," which aired on NBC from 1956-1958.
                              So it seems like the "e" probably doesn't have any real deep significance. Maybe just a typo that nobody noticed until it was too late to fix, or maybe the studio just wanted it to be spelled the same as the mouse's name.

Comment

Working...
                              X