Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vault Man's Special Recipes

There is a whole article that goes with this, I just quoted the recipe. It looks really good! If anyone wants to make me one, I'm down

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... scity_food

Makes 8 to 10 servings

1 (1/4-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin

2 1/3 cups cold milk, divided
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    1/2 cup cocoa
    3 tablespoons cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 egg yolks
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 (10-inch) prepared graham cracker crust pie shell
    1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
    1 cup peanut butter-flavored chips
    1 cup heavy cream
    4 ounces (about 1/2 tub) nondairy whipped topping, thawed
    Mix gelatin with 2 cups cold milk in saucepan and let set 1 minute. Blend sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, beat yolks and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Place saucepan on burner and heat milk and gelatin over low heat 1 minute, stirring to blend. Increase heat to medium. Add butter and stir in sugar mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Continue to stir as mixture comes to a boil; stir and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.

Add about 1 cup of the hot mixture to the yolks and mix. When fully combined, whisk egg yolk mixture into remaining hot mixture in saucepan. Return mixture to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly; immediately remove from heat. Pour into prepared pie crust. Lay plastic wrap on surface of filling (to keep skin from forming) and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.

In microwave-safe bowl, heat remaining 1/3 cup milk, marshmallows and chips on high 1 minute. Stir with rubber scraper. If necessary, continue to heat in 30-second increments, and stir until well blended. Let cool.

Whip cream until peaks start to form. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled peanut-butter-flavored mixture.

Remove plastic wrap from pie filling and spread the peanut butter mixture evenly over the chocolate layer. It’s OK if the chocolate layer is still slightly warm. Refrigerate 2 hours.

Cover with whipped topping and serve.
Working...
X