Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Everybody cheats"

At least in the NFL, they do, according to one player. If I were a pro football fan, which I'm not, I'd find the piece in today's NYTimes depressing. As it is, it gives me yet another reason to ignore the sport.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/20/sport ... ref=sports

along with the NBA the NFL is one of the most drug soaked sports where folks just assume it isnt so and no one seems to mind... if track had that attitude we would have 9.6 100m dashes, and 30 foot long jumps ever week.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Paulthefan,

Did you read the article? It was not about drugs. It was about bending the rules in the middle of the game with the hope that the refs don’t catch you.

This is an area that the NFL and NBA do share much in common (along with hockey, soccer, and just about any sport with a log of physical contact, fast movements, and not enough refs. Nothing in the article was a surprise or bothered me (oooh, under the pile for a fumbled ball people are actually pinching and jabbing other people). As long as they are not intentionally trying to cause major injury, dude, its football!

Driving 75 is against the rules too, but it’s only illegal if you get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
        along with the NBA the NFL is one of the most drug soaked sports where folks just assume it isnt so and no one seems to mind... if track had that attitude we would have 9.6 100m dashes, and 30 foot long jumps ever week.
        remember: the NBA and NFL took their lead on drugs from track

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          remember: the NBA and NFL took their lead on drugs from track
          oye !

didn't you read gh's rules :

"NO unsubstantiated drug accusations or non-athletics drug posts anywhere"

Comment

I think track has plenty of drugs, some events more so than others, but I dont think track compares with the NFL in terms of drug use.. not even close.

by the way badhammy.. no I didnt read the article..
            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
              I think track has plenty of drugs, some events more so than others, but I dont think track compares with the NFL in terms of drug use.. not even close.

by the way badhammy.. no I didnt read the article..
              Well you keep mentioning drugs. The article did not. Why do you keep bringing it up in this thread? Kind of a weird fixation . . .

Comment

Working...
              X