Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link These Names, Question 43

Easy in one sense, tough in the other (so by neccesity very lacking in clues from the git-go:

[], [], [], Sam, [], [], [], []

Re: Link These Names, Question 43

Originally posted by gh
    My uncles?

Comment

The last eight Speakers of the House? Wrong order though.

Comment

The order for this is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Well that rules out the '51 Braves because Jethro was never the clean-up hitter. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            Originally posted by gh
            Well that rules out the '51 Braves because Jethro was never the clean-up hitter. :-)
            Sam Jethroe (sp.): The most famous athlete from East St Louis before JJK?

Comment

Olympic mascots? Cobi ('92) and Izzy ('96) are the only names I remember, besides Sam ('84).

Comment

Now the hard part.....

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  Now the hard part.....
                  So it is mascots? I think the moscow one was Mikka the bear. Definitely a bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Now the hard part.....
                    The bear was Mischa or Misha. Sydney was a bunch of Aussie animals and Athens was two goofy looking cartoon guys. The rest were eminently forgettable. There was a dachshund in there, which must have been Munich.

Comment

type of critter not part of the question: names & order are

Comment

Oobleck, Horton, Yurtle, Thidwick, Sam (I Am), Lorax, Grinch, Cat in the Hat...non-human lead characters in Dr. Seuss books.

cman

edited a bunch of times because of bad spelling, punctuation and topical simultaneous post with Daisy.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                          Originally posted by Daisy
                          Originally posted by gh
                          Now the hard part.....
                          The bear was Mischa or Misha. Sydney was a bunch of Aussie animals and Athens was two goofy looking cartoon guys. The rest were eminently forgettable. There was a dachshund in there, which must have been Munich.
                          Yes, Misha sounds more like it. i really have absolutely no clue on the others. i must have been too young for the dashund. Do MJD or mojo remember the Montreal one; was it a mountie? Or maybe a maple leaf running around? Couldn't be worse than that tree they have in Palo Alto.

Comment

Still waiting for a proper filling-in of the blanks:

Comment

Daisy, wait until you see the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic mascot. It's a pile of rocks! (edit: Upon further review, it's a logo but rumour has it that the front runner for our mascot is based on an albino bear which might be extinct by 2010.)

Montreal 1976 mascot was a beaver named Amik. Who says Canadians lack imagination!

cman

So far...[], Amik, Misha, Sam, [], Cobi, Izzy, []

Comment

Working...
                              X