Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm a Master now...

I just turned 40. Life just keeps getting better. But my PR is pretty much stuck sub 7.

Enjoy the Fosbury reference if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqZ6rwHbEVA

Re: So, I'm a Master now...

Originally posted by BCBaroo
    I just turned 40. Life just keeps getting better. But my PR is pretty much stuck sub 7.

Enjoy the Fosbury reference if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqZ6rwHbEVA
    BRILLIANT!!!!! Happy birthday.

Comment

WOW! That is awesome- and you do have talent! I will be watching that again for sure.

Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Excellent!
        Happy birthday!

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

YOUTUBE is truely amazing! I was just kinda fooling around and i searched for- old fart, Canuck, 11,000 posts, man of few words and this popped up- amazing! Our own MJD kicking ass and taking names! 1984 10K. Enjoy! This is part 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aisjwm6Z3bc
              phsstt!

Comment

I like the whole "playing in traffic" aspect of the race. Obviously 'safety' was not a factor in 1984 Canadian road running. 'DJM' (not his real name) is dropping sub-5 miles in this 10K. :shock:

Comment

TNT&F where it belongs. I didn't take the name of the first guy. Dropped me at the end of mile 6. Friend(still) and training partner(not so much now). Here is the first part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EESHuweVe54

I still run every day with the little blond haired guy with the short stride with the same singlet on. He was 17-ran what was probably a pb that day-32:30ish and a few weeks later ran a 30km on a lark at Around The Bay in Hamilton. 1:43 low. I remember I finished 10th in 1:41 and just about shit when he came in so soon after. I don't know if a junior Canuck has ever ran that fast at the distance. Should have made it to world cross that year or the year after but he bonked at the trials.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                    TNT&F where it belongs. I didn't take the name of the first guy. Dropped me at the end of mile 6. Friend(still) and training partner(not so much now). Here is the first part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EESHuweVe54

I still run every day with the little blond haired guy with the short stride with the same singlet on. He was 17-ran what was probably a pb that day-32:30ish and a few weeks later ran a 30km on a lark at Around The Bay in Hamilton. 1:43 low. I remember I finished 10th in 1:41 and just about shit when he came in so soon after. I don't know if a junior Canuck has ever ran that fast at the distance. Should have made it to world cross that year or the year after but he bonked at the trials.
                    What pace do you run now once your warmed up? 7? 6?
                    phsstt!

Comment

You mean as in NOW?

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                        You mean as in NOW?
                        When was the last time you raced in a 10K? I think Squackee is thinking he can take you.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                          You mean as in NOW?
                          YES
                          phsstt!

Comment

Last time I did something stupid like push was a half in about 87 minutes last year. I am sure you can kick my ass but keep in mind that I have the miles of a 100 year old runner on this body. You only have so many-doesn't matter how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                              Last time I did something stupid like push was a half in about 87 minutes last year. I am sure you can kick my ass but keep in mind that I have the miles of a 100 year old runner on this body. You only have so many-doesn't matter how old you are.
                              I could NOT kick you ass sir. Im an over weight, old, out of shape never was coming of a 2 week cold. Jogged 4 miles Thursday and Friday and now im an empty shell of a man. I have seen that the Hartford 1/2 Marathon is usually won in around 83-84 mins.in the 50 years old division and wonder if i could get back in shape to do that? I ran 76 mins. at 40 but thats a million years ago.

Your right about this - its not the years its the mileage. If i had a nickel for every stud grandmaster who took up running late in life id be rich.
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X