Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link These Names, Question 54

beet, carrot, celery, lettuce, parsley, [], [], []

If that's what I think it is, my wife drinks it all the time and it's NASTY!!!!

Comment

Just like the car engine ...

If it's what I think it is, I drink it regularly, and it's great! Best with a little lemon in it (you can buy it that way or add your own).

Can't provide the last 3 ingredients without looking in the fridge, however. Is that cheating? (Tomato is obviously one of them.)

Comment

It's the composition of the chorus in Gioacchino Rossini's little known opera Le Verdure (The Vegetables). :-)

Comment

Vodka?
          phsstt!

Comment

The answer is also why I miss my 5-liter Mustang from the 90s (aka the Midlife Crisis Era). When I try to 'punch it' in my 2006 Honda Civic, all that results is a pathetic little putt-putt sound, as the two hamsters try harder on their wheels.

Comment

Re: Link These Names, Question 54

Originally posted by gh
              beet, carrot, celery, lettuce, parsley, spinach, tomato, []
              Alex I'll take Veggies starting with T (U,V,W,X,Y,Z,)-for $20

EDIT>
              After a moments thought I have Turnips,Zucchini,Taro, and Yam,

Zucchini seems the best bet.........
              Tom Hyland:
              "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Re: Link These Names, Question 54

Originally posted by wineturtle
                Originally posted by gh
                beet, carrot, celery, lettuce, parsley, spinach, tomato, []
                He did? Where? At the top of the thread, as I'm looking at it, the disclosures stop with parsley.

Comment

spinach and tomato are correct (although I never said so); so what's the final ingredient?

(gap in keeping this up to date due to better part of a week in the Great White North, with only 14.4 modem access, and that through a long-distance connection a couple of hundred miles away)

Comment

Yikes. I was on a dial up on the week-end with about 50k and an accelerator that I could use with IE and that was painful enough.

Comment

I could not resist and looked it up. If anybody claims to know the final ingredient, he is a liar and a cheat. How did anybody even come up with this vegetable for the recipe boggles my mind.
                      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Many people probably don't even think of it as a vegetable.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                          It's the composition of the chorus in Gioacchino Rossini's little known opera Le Verdure (The Vegetables). :-)
                          parsley is a vegetable?

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                            I could not resist and looked it up. If anybody claims to know the final ingredient, he is a liar and a cheat. How did anybody even come up with this vegetable for the recipe boggles my mind.
                            ditto. But once again confirms my position to keep my chaste, pure, pristine lips from touching any of those nasty V********s.

Comment

Yes, watercress is a vegetable.

Comment

Working...
                              X